Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

do you keep...

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:52 PM
  • 10 Replies
All your xmas cards you receive?

Anything creative you can do with them?...its a shame to just tosd them all out...

Wat about bday cards and any other cards of different occasions ?
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Christmas cards with family pictures are stored with the year on them. I keep my kids' birthday cards and stuff also with the year on them. They can decide when they're old enough what they want to do with them. 

michelle623
by New Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I keep all the cards we get. It's nice to go back and look at them, especially, the cards from people who have passed away.

Adeline1210
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 8:03 PM

I scrapbook with the images on the cards. Like if it's a Christmas card, I cut ou the inscription, images from the front of the card and post them with pictures from the event in my scrapbook.

Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 10:36 AM
I don't. But my mil makes garland out if them. She punches a hole and ties them to a string of ribbon and hangs them along the Banisters
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maryloe
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:03 PM
I reuse mine into book marks. I cut them, hole punch the top, and tie a ribbon on.
wennyvw
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Not unless they have the pictures of family/kids etc.  Most of the time, they get recycled.  I really don't like keeping all that stuff.  My boys are the same way - we used to keep everything that they made, did, drew, etc., but they asked that I recycle it all so they don't have to cart it all around.  SO, I took pics of it all, put it on a thumb drive and put it in their baby book.  I update them yearly and then perge the papers, etc.

Jessy613
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:31 PM

not unless they have a picture on them.

ja2010
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I usually keep some of them. Just keep them.

Vinie
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:24 PM
I love looking at them when time passby so we keep them safely.
mama_lively
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:54 AM
I keep all my cards that I receive from every occasion I use them for scrapbooking sometimes the words and sometimes just the pictures
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)