• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to get rid of odor?

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:22 PM
  • 4 Replies
I used the Lysol Concentrate Original Scent the brown bottle one with the yellow label to clean our old fridge that had mold in it. it cleaned it well, but the cleaner has smelled up our fridge and now we cant sell it because it reeks of the Lysol. We have tried putting a box of baking soda but it hasn't got rid of the odor and wr have tried airing it out for days and it won't go away. What can we do?!?!?!
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
joanandgene
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Try calling the company and ask them if they have any ideas.  In the mean time, crumble up black and white pages of newspaper (no colored paper), stuff the appliance and close the door, wait a week and pull out the old newspaper.  If it still smells, try it again with fresh news paper and leave it in for 2 weeks to see if this is helping.  I haven't tried this myself, but have read a great deal about it.

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:41 AM
Try wiping it it with vinegar. Crazy that the Lysol scent is that strong!
JTE11
by on May. 6, 2014 at 7:19 PM

I think you'll probably need to wash it out again with some dish soap and warm water, and maybe a little baking soda. If you didn't rinse it out or rinse it out well the Lysol will just stay and stink.

ja2010
by on May. 6, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Vinegar? Lemon?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)