Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

I need motivation!

Posted by on May. 29, 2014 at 8:02 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

My bedroom looks like world war III went off in there! My kids bedrooms are cleaner! It was a mess to start with, not horrible, just laundry to be put away and needed vacuumed and dusted. My DH thought it would be nice to help clean and organize and pulled EVERYTHING out of drawers and the closet, thinking he would sort and organize it while he put it back. but...he go tired and left it for me to deal with! I have no motivation and I'm so completely overwhelmed! I don't even know where to start and my sweet DH had to go back to work this morning so I'm home alone trying so hard not to cry while I figure out what to do with this! I have clean and dirty clothes everywhere! Plus my normal chores! and all three kids are home (1st day of summer break) We have a 2 yr old and 2 autistic kiddos 8 & 11! I was busy to start with! Makes me want to just close the door and grab a bag of chips and the remote control HELP!!!!

going crazy

by on May. 29, 2014 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ja2010
by on May. 29, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Do alittle every night.

EHawkins71
by on May. 29, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Wish I could...it's a safty hazard! We're trying to step over piles! I went and bought thick black outdoor bags, to sort laundry into! I'm setting a timer and doing it in sperts! (15 Min at a time) this sucks!

Quoting ja2010:

Do alittle every night.

ShandellsBaby
by Member on May. 29, 2014 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Just do a little bit then take a break and keep doing that until your done that's what I do.

mom2gdj
by Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Baby steps. Take a little at a time. Pull all the shirts out and fold them. Then take the shorts and do them. Something like that. When I was doing laudry for all 5 of us I would do laundry the same way. I would wash all the towels first. Next was the white/light clothes. Next I would wash anything that was worn on the top half of the body. At that time all our shirts got hung up on hangers and I would pull the shirt out of the dryer and hang it up right away. Last was anything that was worn on the bottom half of the body. The only thing that got hung up was mine and my husbands pants and I pulled them out of the dryer and hung them up one by one. That way when I left the laundry room most everything was on a hanger. HTH Shannon

mudwrap
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:07 AM
I would wash all the laundry if I have to. If my husband pulled all the clothes out and made it messier for me I will put all the clothes in the trash bag and ask him to bring it to the local laundromat. (last time he went some clothes got torn up... Not sure how it got damaged). That saved me lots of time. Your already caring for 3 young children, that's already a lot.
mudwrap
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:08 AM
Once you've put away all the clothes in the trash bag then your house will look nicer again.
nurse1997
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I like your idea :)

bluestreak35
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Get garbage bags and designate one for garbage, one for donate, then put away what you are keeping neatly.

decor42
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 5:20 PM

How did you make out???

Audreysmommy123
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 2:05 PM

take all dirty clothes out and put next to the washer

clothes- get your kids to help you fold them or put them on hangers, put clothes away.

any garbage have the kids throw things in the garbage.

pick a designated spot for donate tape a piece of paper on the wall that says DONATE DO NOT TOUCH. then have the kids bring things to the wall with the paper.

get those swiffer dusters have the kids go around the house and dust

turn on some music and go at it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN