Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

How to clean this sofa??

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:01 AM
  • 3 Replies

Chester, Sofa, Brushed Heathered Cotton, Flax

I loved it when I was getting this sofa. I never had this color sofas before. I did not get any cleaning instructions when I got this sofa.

after 6 months of use this looks kind of dirty with Brown spots on some places. Thanks to my 3 yr old DD who some times drops food.

Does any one have any Ideas on how to clean these sofas?? I never cleaned it other than Vacuuming it.

I have Dyson Upholstery Vacuum that I use to Vacuume this. But I don't think that is doing it.

I need to deep clean this sofa. (I have 2 of these) Any Ideas???

by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
decor42
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these sofas. Look at the fabric tag that is attached below the cushions. It will either be S= solvents for that type of fabric, W= water, S/W= a combination of solvents typically dry cleaning and water.  Sometimes I am too daring and just go with a foam cleaner.  Haven't had a problem until we purchased our last couch for the front LR.  It is a silk blend. Ended up a little bit blotchy so I did it again and it is fine.

supermom.sv
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Thank you. I will check for the tag.

Quoting decor42:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these sofas. Look at the fabric tag that is attached below the cushions. It will either be S= solvents for that type of fabric, W= water, S/W= a combination of solvents typically dry cleaning and water.  Sometimes I am too daring and just go with a foam cleaner.  Haven't had a problem until we purchased our last couch for the front LR.  It is a silk blend. Ended up a little bit blotchy so I did it again and it is fine.

FluffyDustBunny
by New Member on Sep. 19, 2014 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

This works on Cotton Sofas and Mattress it can take any stain away from food to pee stains.  I hope it works for ya.  Have a great day!

Ten minutes is all it takes!

Supplies:

8 fl oz peroxide

3 Tbsp baking soda

2-3 drops any dish detergent

empty spray bottle

Steps:

Mix all items in the bottle, but "do not" shake. Swirl it around until it is all mixed together.

Use right away, cover the stain and just walk away.

Come back in about ten minutes and, poof, it's gone! Hope this helps :)

You can't save the leftover mixture due to it only working for 20 minutes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)