Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

How to clean this sofa??

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:01 AM
  • 2 Replies

Chester, Sofa, Brushed Heathered Cotton, Flax

I loved it when I was getting this sofa. I never had this color sofas before. I did not get any cleaning instructions when I got this sofa.

after 6 months of use this looks kind of dirty with Brown spots on some places. Thanks to my 3 yr old DD who some times drops food.

Does any one have any Ideas on how to clean these sofas?? I never cleaned it other than Vacuuming it.

I have Dyson Upholstery Vacuum that I use to Vacuume this. But I don't think that is doing it.

I need to deep clean this sofa. (I have 2 of these) Any Ideas???

by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
decor42
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these sofas. Look at the fabric tag that is attached below the cushions. It will either be S= solvents for that type of fabric, W= water, S/W= a combination of solvents typically dry cleaning and water.  Sometimes I am too daring and just go with a foam cleaner.  Haven't had a problem until we purchased our last couch for the front LR.  It is a silk blend. Ended up a little bit blotchy so I did it again and it is fine.

supermom.sv
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Thank you. I will check for the tag.

Quoting decor42:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these sofas. Look at the fabric tag that is attached below the cushions. It will either be S= solvents for that type of fabric, W= water, S/W= a combination of solvents typically dry cleaning and water.  Sometimes I am too daring and just go with a foam cleaner.  Haven't had a problem until we purchased our last couch for the front LR.  It is a silk blend. Ended up a little bit blotchy so I did it again and it is fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)