Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Help!

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:45 AM
  • 3 Replies

Ugh. I had a leak underneath my kitchen sink. I was taking out the dishwashing detergent and it was dripping wet. This is how I discovered there was a leak. I pulled up the plastic cabinet liner and it had black colored mold underneath it. I don't know how long the leak was going on for. 

I read that hydrogen peroxide kills mold so I took everything out of the cabinet and poured the peroxide on there and wiped it up. I then cleaned it with white vinegar. The next day I bleached it because it smelled funny....but not like mold. Just an off odd odor. I then kept some baking soda under there and it still gave off a weird odor. I sprayed the walls and floor of the cabinet down with Dreft odor eliminator. Now all my other cabinets reek like that same smell! UGH. I burned a candle in it, also put a little cinnamon and clove in a bowl. Nothing seems to be working. I ran a fan in there all day and it still has a strong odor. It doesn't smell like mildew. My husband thinks from everything I used it's a strong smell and it will take time to go away. I sure hope so. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Bajanmama
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:47 AM

It needs to air out thoroughly.

whitelotus707
by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Bajanmama:

It needs to air out thoroughly.

Yes I'm doing it. I also just read to slice an onion and let it lay in there. It  is supposed to absorb the odor. Thanks.

rosesink
by Member on Oct. 4, 2014 at 5:42 AM

It needs to air out and while you are doing that put several bowls of baking soda around on the cabinet (it absorbs odors that's why people use it in their fridge)

little flower

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN