Ugh. I had a leak underneath my kitchen sink. I was taking out the dishwashing detergent and it was dripping wet. This is how I discovered there was a leak. I pulled up the plastic cabinet liner and it had black colored mold underneath it. I don't know how long the leak was going on for.
I read that hydrogen peroxide kills mold so I took everything out of the cabinet and poured the peroxide on there and wiped it up. I then cleaned it with white vinegar. The next day I bleached it because it smelled funny....but not like mold. Just an off odd odor. I then kept some baking soda under there and it still gave off a weird odor. I sprayed the walls and floor of the cabinet down with Dreft odor eliminator. Now all my other cabinets reek like that same smell! UGH. I burned a candle in it, also put a little cinnamon and clove in a bowl. Nothing seems to be working. I ran a fan in there all day and it still has a strong odor. It doesn't smell like mildew. My husband thinks from everything I used it's a strong smell and it will take time to go away. I sure hope so. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.