Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

New attempt: daily chore list

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 4:24 PM
  • 0 Replies

Dynamic: two adults, 3yo, 1yo in a condo

A control jounal will not work for us right now. It has to be really visible and accessible and stationary. Instead, things get taped to the wall. Hanging on hooks by the door are keys and a bag of chargers for the mobile electronics. Hanging on a nail at the bottom of the stairs is a calendar. On that goes DH's work schedule, my own work schedule, appointments, and whatnot. Another calendar hangs in the kitchen to write down meal plans, done in 4-day increments.

We have tried something new this week, two new weekly charts. There is what I've dubbed the health chart in the bathroom, where we can check off daily who has had probiotics, vitamins, medicine, outside time, a bath/shower, brushed teeth. I was finding it hard to keep track of the children as far as things like probiotics on a daily basis, and things like how much sunshine people have had weekly. If DH and I both keep track on that sheet by filling in the little circles, we won't miss or duplicate things.

Then we've got the new daily/weekly chore list for me and DH, where we mark off what has been done. If we can turn this into habit, I'm hoping DH will do his chores without my nagging, and the cleaning up clutter will stop stagnating. 

by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN