• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homemade cleaners

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:58 PM
  • 5 Replies

Do you make yours?If so can you share recipe please

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
courtneyann29
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:31 PM

I make laundry detergent and carpet powder. 

Laundry detergent-

1 bar fels naptha grated
3 cups washing soda
3 cups borax

I mix it all together and keep it in a container with a lid.  I like to melt mine on the stove, otherwise there seem to be bits of the grated soap that don't completely melt in the wash.  I take about a quarter cup of the mixture and add it with a mason jar full of water.  I also buy the Purex Crystals and add them to the washer for a nice scent. :)

Carpet powder is just baking soda.  I like to add cinnamon or nutmeg to the powder for a nice autumn scent. :)

army_wifey_06
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:50 PM
I haven't made any but I found a lot of "recipes" on Pinterest.
Hannahsmommy816
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:48 PM

i have made a few....window cleaner and toilet/bathroom cleaner. i dont have the measurements memorized but window cleaner is rubbing alcohol, water, and vinegar....toilet/bathroom cleaner is vinegar, lavender essential oils, and water. Pretty sure! I just clean out empty spray containers and use those.

melliburger
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:14 PM

I do not.

momofsixangels
by on Nov. 6, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Quoting courtneyann29:

I make laundry detergent and carpet powder. 

Laundry detergent-

1 bar fels naptha grated3 cups washing soda3 cups borax

I mix it all together and keep it in a container with a lid.  I like to melt mine on the stove, otherwise there seem to be bits of the grated soap that don't completely melt in the wash.  I take about a quarter cup of the mixture and add it with a mason jar full of water.  I also buy the Purex Crystals and add them to the washer for a nice scent. :)

Carpet powder is just baking soda.  I like to add cinnamon or nutmeg to the powder for a nice autumn scent. :)

TFS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)