Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holiday cooking prep, do you do it?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:41 AM
  • 4 Replies

My neighbor recently told me that she pre measures her ingredients for her Thanksgiving meal several days in advance to "save time" on the big day.  Do you do this?  I prepare for Thanksgiving just like any other meal. I shop the day before and cook the day of.  I have 7 people at my table so it really isn't a whole lot more complicated than a regular meal.

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mom2gdj
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually don't have more than a few extra people over for the holidays but I do some stuff in advance. I bake the cornbread for the cornbread dressing and freeze it. I make the cranberry sauce ahead of time but only because if I wait till the last minute for those the store may be out of them. I do buy things at least a week in advance just because I don't like going to the grocery store the day before a holiday.

wandep
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

No, if we host Thanksgiving I get it catered and everyone brings a dish in. If we go to other family members they do the same.

army_wifey_06
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
No, if we host I cook the main things and everyone else brings a side or a dessert. Sometimes my mom makes her stuffing the night before and reheats it in the oven on thanksgiving.
momofsixangels
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

No. I love  cooking the bg meal that day and rushing lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)