Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Storing Your Books?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:59 AM
  • 22 Replies

reading

Do you have a lot of books? 

Where or how do you store your books? 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:03 AM
1 mom liked this

1. When we had  the house  & all the kids, we use to have a lot of books. The kids stored their own books on small bookshelves in their rooms. And we stored the rest of the books in a tall bookshelf in my home office that I had at the time. 

2. When we moved into our tiny apt, we got rid of the bookshelves and all of our books. They would take up too much space here. Now mostly we check out a book approx each month from the library and just  return when it done so they can store them lol! If there is a book we really want to read that the library can't get for us, we'll buy it and read it, then we either sell it or give it away when we are done. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Mrs.Elsey8486
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a book shelf in my living room and the kids have their own shelf in their room. I don't have as many books as I would like mainly because they cost so much lol. But I plan on growing my collection and building a really neat bookshelf on my wall in my room.
othermom
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:28 AM

we have tons of books. Each kid had a book shelf full in their room, we have a book shelf in our living room with two shelves full of books and two shelves with other stuff. We have another small shelf of books in the living room and then two book shelves in our bedroom

Juniper53098
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:37 PM

We have a couple book shelves in our basement.  DS has books in his room, on a shelf of his desk.  The daycare books are on the shelves of my victrola.

melindabelcher
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:47 PM

We have soooo many books! 

I have 2-3 boxes in the basement. 2 bookshelves in the spare bedroom, 1 bookshelf in my living room then the kiddos have some books in their rooms.

I was just talking with dh that i NEED to let them go! i hate clutter and hoarding but i have a soft place for books :(

momofnatalie
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:30 PM

The girls have a bookshelf in their room and we have one in the living room.  My books are in the garage in boxes.

SweetLuci
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:41 PM

I have over 600 cookbooks in 3 floor to ceiling bookcases in my bedroom, plus a bookshelf in the office where dh has some reference books, and some favorite novels. Dgd has 2 tall bookcases in her room with her books, and the guest bedroom has a tall bookcase with novels and assorted other sewing, and quilting books. We no longer buy books, we use our local library.

virginiamama71
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:43 PM

My son has more than I do. I have donated alot of the ones I had.

We store the ones we have on a book shelf. 

Roo1234
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:49 PM
My husband recently installed almost 100 linear feet of shelving for my books in our family room. I also have 3 book shelves in my living room and the kids all have book shelves in their rooms. All the cookbooks are kept on a bookshelf in the kitchen.
Over the last several years I have donated and sold more than 1000 books trying to lessen the size of my collection. I'm currently in the process of finding even more to donate because I still haven't unpacked all my favorites
abra
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 12:42 AM

We have over a thousand books! DH has a liberal arts degree, then he taught History and Literature and now he is a med student. I'm a big reader, too! lol! A lot of the books are in storage right now because we don't have the room, but we have 2 floor to ceiling bookshelves in the livingroom, 1 in our bedroom and another one in the rec room. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)