Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Have Pets To Clean Up After?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:57 AM
  • 90 Replies

puppychickcat

Do you have any pets to clean up after? 
What kind of pets do you have and how many?
What kind of chores do you have to do, because of them?

How often?

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

We have 1 Oriental Shorthair cat named CHERISH Bliss.  She's easy peasy pie. lol. She has very short hair and only sheds a very small amount so that's not a big problem to clean. I clean her litterbox once a day and wash her food bowls. I have to pick up some of her toys that she throws around the apt and put them away once in awhile. that's about it with her. OH and she does attack my decorative throw pillows on my bed and occasionally throws them and so I have to put those back sometimes. haha

We have a cockatiel bird named MEDLEY. He's quite easy too. He doesn't get his wings clipped so he can fly and we leave his cage open 12 hours a day so he is out a lot. So he does have occasional potty messes thru the day, but they are tiny most of the time and I can pick it up and throw it out with a paper towel. I keep a clean paper towel hidden tucked inside the armrests of the furniture so it's handy for Todd and I when we are sitting down because most often he wants to come sit with us so that's convenient. I tidy up his cage partially once a week but I take it apart and deep clean it once a month. I hate the once a month deep clean chore but of course he is worth it. Also he loves to eat people food a LOT and is messy about it. So anytime we are eating something, most likely he comes over to see what we have and eat some too. If he gets crumbs on the furniture or floor I just pick them up.  Once ever so often a feather falls on the floor and I pick that up. I always save one or two to pet him with because he loves that like crazy! lol. haha.  I wash his bowls out once a week too. He gets some seeds on the carpet near his big cage in the living room and I just vacuum them up.  That's about it for him. 

sarah427
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes! A Great Dane outside (he doesn't like inside for some reason), so he has a run and his own room with a dog door entrance.

A poodle/yorkie

And a terrier/Maltese who sheds terribly! I guess he took after the terrier side.

Oh, and 6 fish (2 tanks) and a leopard gecko!

A lot of vacuuming, poop scooping, bathing, flea prevention, and pretty much a shower after playtime with the Dane and his drool! Lol
plprincess78
by New Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

5 dogs, 2 cats, 2 rabbits and a beta...

So lots of vacuuming, poop scooping, laundry is involved on a weekly basis

SweetLuci
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope. We travel too often to have pets. The kids had all kinds of pets when they were growing up. Dogs, cats, birds, snakes, iguanas, hampsters, ferrets, white rats, spiders, but they took them with them when they left home. Now the only time we have to worry about cleanup is when we watch their pets when they are away from home, and dgd actually does most of their care..

Juniper53098
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

We have 1 cat.  He is a puker, so I'm always cleaning up puke.  DH and DD take turns with the litter box.  Of course, there's always vacuuming of cat fur and cleaning it up off the furniture.

othermom
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

yes we have a dog, two cats and three fish. we might be getting a puppy in a few months. My MIL's dog just had puppies

earthangel1967
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

haha It sounds like you share my love of animals : D

I love Great Danes. My cousin has one and I can never see too many pics of him on facebook. One of our daughters has a yorkie. 

Yes, your other dog must take after the terrier side more, because when my kids were little I had a maltese and he didn't shed at all.  I litter box trained him, he was great lol. 

Quoting sarah427: Yes! A Great Dane outside (he doesn't like inside for some reason), so he has a run and his own room with a dog door entrance. A poodle/yorkie And a terrier/Maltese who sheds terribly! I guess he took after the terrier side. Oh, and 6 fish (2 tanks) and a leopard gecko! A lot of vacuuming, poop scooping, bathing, flea prevention, and pretty much a shower after playtime with the Dane and his drool! Lol

goldpandora
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I have a cat and the only cleaning I ever have to do is wash his feeding and water bowls (we're out in the country and he decided within days of coming to live here that he preferred his own toilet outdoors - he has his own pile of leaves - to a litter box ... much more comfortable lol). He comes in to eat, be petted and sleep and then moseys on out again ...

earthangel1967
by on Dec. 13, 2014 at 2:06 AM

throwing uplaughingLOL about the cat being a puker. 

Our cat throws up every once in awhile too... she doesn't get furballs at all, probably because her hair is so short and is a very low shedding cat, but occasionally she turns into a little piggy and inhales her food too quickly and when she does, she pukes it back up again, often not even barely chewed. lol 

Quoting Juniper53098:

We have 1 cat.  He is a puker, so I'm always cleaning up puke.  DH and DD take turns with the litter box.  Of course, there's always vacuuming of cat fur and cleaning it up off the furniture.

earthangel1967
by on Dec. 13, 2014 at 2:07 AM

awwww how exciting and cute! What kind of dogs are the puppies? : ) 

Quoting othermom:

yes we have a dog, two cats and three fish. we might be getting a puppy in a few months. My MIL's dog just had puppies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)