Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We Got Our Bedroom Painted : ) (Before and After Pics)

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:16 PM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

We rent a little apt that we love. It came with the kitchen and bathroom painted white and the living room and bedroom painted beige with white trim, doors, ceilings. That all works well with the colors we have it decorated in, in most of the rooms, but our bedroom was mostly gray, white, black and silver, so we thought it would look better painted a pale silvery gray. We are allowed to paint however if we ever move we have to either repaint it back original or pay to have it painted back original. We decided that since we hope to live here  indefintely as long as life allows us too, that it would be worth it to us. So we had a painter come paint the bedroom for us. The lighting in the pics doesn't really show the true color, I think it almost looks like a hint of purple in the lighting of the pics, but it's not like that in real life. It's just silvery gray.  Anyway we like it and I"m excited to have it done before Christmas. 

OH AND WE BOUGHT OUR BEHR PAINT AND PRIMER IN ONE AT HOME DEPOT TOO! : ) (sponsor of this group!) 

What color is your bedroom? 

Have you had any of your rooms painted? Did you paint them or have some paint them for you? 

The beige walls is the before pic and the silvery gray are the afters: 

BEFORE: 

AFTER: 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crissy2424
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Cute!

RobynS
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice! I love all of the black accents (in both the before and after!).  Well done! :)

momofnatalie
by on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Love it!  Great choice!

melindabelcher
by on Dec. 21, 2014 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Nice :)
johnny4ever
by on Dec. 21, 2014 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Love it!

kmqw229
by on Dec. 21, 2014 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Looks great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by on Dec. 21, 2014 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

That's great.! It looks really nice. I once picked out a gray paint for the outside of our house, and dh and some friends were painting while I was at work. When I called to see how they were doing, he asked me why I picked lavender? Whattt? I rushed home and driving down the street, it did look lavender!  Now, I love the color lavender, but surely didn't want my house to look like it belogned in the Bahamas! Dh said he would repaint it. But when it was dried, it didn't look lavender at all, so we didn't need to repaint. Ocasionally, in just the right light,  like with the setting sun, it would look a bit lavender, but I was fine with it.

earthangel1967
by on Dec. 21, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Thank you! and haha that is funny about what happened with your exterior painting. Yes I can relate completely, because as I was looking at these pics I posted I was thinking, it kind of looks like a lavendar or purple tint to it from the lighting of the pictures.. SO that is why I made sure to mention that is NOT accurate... it doesn't look like a lavendar or purple tint at all in real life. lol We'd probably be doing a whole second coat with a different shade of gray if it did . lol So WHEW!!! 

Quoting SweetLuci:

That's great.! It looks really nice. I once picked out a gray paint for the outside of our house, and dh and some friends were painting while I was at work. When I called to see how they were doing, he asked me why I picked lavender? Whattt? I rushed home and driving down the street, it did look lavender!  Now, I love the color lavender, but surely didn't want my house to look like it belogned in the Bahamas! Dh said he would repaint it. But when it was dried, it didn't look lavender at all, so we didn't need to repaint. Ocasionally, in just the right light,  like with the setting sun, it would look a bit lavender, but I was fine with it.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

othermom
by on Dec. 21, 2014 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Looks great!

virginiamama71
by on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Looks great.

I love your bedding. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)