Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do during your child's sports practices?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:36 PM
  • 11 Replies

Just curious what kinds of things y'all do during your child's sports practices?  For example, if they're in another room from you during practice (dance, volleyball, etc.) what do you do?  Read a book?  Anything productive?  I would like to make my life easier by getting something done while I wait for my kids while they're at practice.  Any advice is appreciated!  Thanks!

by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suziejax
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:22 PM

I used to read during. But until I put dd back into something ( now she wants martial arts) I have nothing going on in that

saraewhite
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:27 PM

Mine are to young for sports just yet. But when they do I guess it would depend on if I were able to leave or not. If I could, I would probably run errands around town. If not I would probably make lists for to do's for the next day, plan out my grocery  and meal list. Do some cross stitching or reading probably.

toriandgrace
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:41 PM
I either prep for work, crochet or read during ballet. Her theatre practices are longer so sometimes I leave and get shopping done but I also volunteer, so I'm frequently doing costumes during rehearsal.
lizfnf
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:43 PM
Go for a run, wash my car, run small errands. I dump and run. Always back before pick up time.
aj_mom
by Member on Feb. 24, 2015 at 12:54 PM

It depends I may drop DS off and go home to do dinner and have DH pick him up.   Run to the store, walk, read a book.

momofsixangels
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:41 AM

My kids arent into sports

mom2boys664
by Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 1:20 PM
I was actually thinking about this very subject with baseball season approaching. First of all it's outside, it's cold, or at least windy. My biggest thing this year is being organized. I'm looking for a new tote, maybe with a thermal compartment for drinks. I always seem to be ill prepared - not enough jackets or no snacks (of course I always forget them on the days that the snack bar is closed) or forgetting water bottles - or something for me to drink. I work, and the kids are in aftercare, so sometimes we are going straight from school to practice, so there is no room for error, lol.

As far as what to do while they are at practice, I mostly read, or surf the web on my phone. It does seem like it would be better if I could be more productive with that time, but I'm just not sure what I could be doing instead.
minermanswife
by Member on Mar. 10, 2015 at 4:34 PM

welll, during gymnastics we can stay..so, I like to watch them. But, when cheer season is in! My oldest does all stars, and hopefully my youngest will be doing it.  They have closed practices, so I usually go home. Her old gym they usually pracitced about 2 hrs. We are at a new gym, and I am not sure how long they practice probably about the same. 

minermanswife
by Member on Mar. 10, 2015 at 4:35 PM

have your tried the thrity-one stuff..they have some neat totes!

Quoting mom2boys664: I was actually thinking about this very subject with baseball season approaching. First of all it's outside, it's cold, or at least windy. My biggest thing this year is being organized. I'm looking for a new tote, maybe with a thermal compartment for drinks. I always seem to be ill prepared - not enough jackets or no snacks (of course I always forget them on the days that the snack bar is closed) or forgetting water bottles - or something for me to drink. I work, and the kids are in aftercare, so sometimes we are going straight from school to practice, so there is no room for error, lol. As far as what to do while they are at practice, I mostly read, or surf the web on my phone. It does seem like it would be better if I could be more productive with that time, but I'm just not sure what I could be doing instead.

2m2t
by New Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 3:20 PM
I used to study (I've graduated a master program a year ago). Recently, I've been exercising or planning my business.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)