Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi new, just joined. Organizing is my weakness according to my husband and I need help!!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 12:52 PM
  • 10 Replies

Mobile Photo

It’s a big deal. He gets mad 😠 with me sometimes about. So here I am in search of some help. Hopefully the picture will load.

So this is a storage space that I have in the worlds smallest two bedroom condo. I need to get it straight. Any idea on what to do better?

by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ihave1
by Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 12:53 PM
That’s one side. Let me see if I can get the other side.
ihave1
by Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:56 PM
And of course it Didn’t load.
Terpsichore
by Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:08 PM

How much of that is used? I've had to part with several kitchen gadgets because I needed the space more than I needed to make my own bread or ice cream.

Are you willing to let your husband declutter the area? If he's the one getting mad, it is his issue, unless you're against him decluttering it himself.

ihave1
by Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:30 PM
I use it all and if he did it would all be trashed.

Quoting Terpsichore:

How much of that is used? I've had to part with several kitchen gadgets because I needed the space more than I needed to make my own bread or ice cream.

Are you willing to let your husband declutter the area? If he's the one getting mad, it is his issue, unless you're against him decluttering it himself.

Momof4156
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 1:21 AM
2 moms liked this
Ok so try taking out all the small stuff first then the larger stuff put it all out in front of you on the floor start with the small stuff put the stuff that you use the most in the front and the stuff that doesn't get used that much in the back or vise versa so you can start using the stuff you don't use. You can label each shelf so you know what's on it and make it easier to find things. The larger stuff put in the bottom by size order. Hopefully that will help you to organize more.
MrsHMS
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 1:02 PM
When organizing finish this sentence, this is where ---- belongs. First of all that suitcase is to big for the shelf so it can't go there. Pull everything off onto the floor and star with the top All electronics on top. Then put all bowls together.
And stack them All together should be a lot. See if the suitcase can fit the bottom shelf alone.
hotspice58
by Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 9:31 AM

There are professional organizers that can help.  Are you ADD?  I am and was diagnosed as an adult.  Meds is the best thing that happened to me.  I truly know what you're going through.

K3412
by on Jan. 22, 2018 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Pull everything out. Go through each item and decide if you really need to keep it. Get rid of what you don’t need. Clean the shelves. Decide what you’ll use most and put those things at waist to eye level. Group like things together. Put small things together in a single box. Anything that doesn’t easily fit needs to go somewhere else. When everything has its own space, it will be easier to keep organized.
Momof4156
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2018 at 10:58 PM
Just a quick follow up did you get to finish your project?
peekaboo813
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2018 at 11:52 PM
How did your project come along? An after pic would be cool.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)