Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Do you go to the doctor for check ups?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 6:21 PM
  • 12 Replies

Do you go to the doctor for check ups or only when you're sick.

I don't even have a primary care doctor right now.  Only an OB/GYN.

I don't like going to the doctor.  I don't even go when I'm sick - but I don't usually get that sick.

by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Unfortunately not, since I don't have medical =(

NearSeattleMom
by Member on Jun. 13, 2011 at 3:07 AM

I go but not very often.  I'm not a big fan of going to the doctor and I am very very rarely sick.  Even when I am sick, I don't go to the doctor--the last time I went was because I had a sore throat for almost 2 weeks and I started to wonder if it was strep. 

I have started going for my yearly mammogram, though. 

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Jun. 13, 2011 at 8:43 AM

Yes, I go on a yearly basis.  I probably wouldn't go if my husband didn't give me a nudge.

tramcd
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 9:47 AM
Yes I go actually ever 3 to 4 months because they have to keep an eye on a few things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2011 at 3:58 PM

I go at least once a year for my annual so I can refill my b/c

iluv2read
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 7:04 PM
Yes, but not as often as I really should.
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2011 at 9:19 AM

We have insurance for the kids only...dh and I are uninsured.  When we are insured, I go annually, but dh does  NOT!  He refuses doctors unless his limbs are hanging off by a thread!  lol

I never get sick anyhow.  i'm pretty healthy.  I get a cold every few years and then don't last long.

Javi05Eli07
by Member on Sep. 13, 2011 at 11:12 AM

I go for a physical every year and when I need to.  At the moment I also have visits every couple months with an orthopedic surgeon to see how my legs are healing.

karamille
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2011 at 1:47 PM

I make my husband go for annual checkups, but he's adopted with no family history so I make him do a cholesterol and fasting glucose every year. 

I see my OB annually, and I generally only see my PCP when I am having a problem.  But.... I have been seeing her for weight loss.  I go in monthly for a BP/weight check and to get a prescription refill for bontril.  My cholesterol is awesome (good genes) and so are my fasting sugars, so I only do a true physical once every 4 years or so.  I got really worked over good when I was having my miscarriages 6-7 years ago so I know I have no blood clotting issues, no autoimmune issues, no hormone issues, so I figure I am probably set for a decade or so.  LOL! 

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:14 AM

I get a yearly pap/bc refill at pp.

Quoting leahbeah143:

I go at least once a year for my annual so I can refill my b/c

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)