Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Meditation

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 1:57 PM
  • 7 Replies

Do you meditate? Do you have a specific guided meditation you use?

by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
carolina_gal
by Amy on Jul. 22, 2011 at 3:56 PM

I've never medidated but always thought it would be a great way to de-stress.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 27, 2011 at 1:56 PM

I don't meditate, but often think about starting.

Dr.Deb
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2011 at 8:17 AM

I do meditate almost daily. Before I began to do it, I assumed meditation was something very mystical and only for those following New Age or Eastern traditions. What I realized (at least for my own purposes) was that meditation was my own desire to connect to the divine being at the center of my own spiritual beliefs, and to receive insight and energy in order to become more spirit/soul/body balanced. I consider it a personal "rejuvenation" and it can be anything from a quiet moment with a cup of tea, to hours spent with a book on spiritual/healthful living. This took the mystery (for me) out of the term "meditation" and it is actually something I look forward to. 

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2011 at 9:29 AM

I feel like I wrote this!!!! I love and look forward to meditation.

Quoting Dr.Deb:

I do meditate almost daily. Before I began to do it, I assumed meditation was something very mystical and only for those following New Age or Eastern traditions. What I realized (at least for my own purposes) was that meditation was my own desire to connect to the divine being at the center of my own spiritual beliefs, and to receive insight and energy in order to become more spirit/soul/body balanced. I consider it a personal "rejuvenation" and it can be anything from a quiet moment with a cup of tea, to hours spent with a book on spiritual/healthful living. This took the mystery (for me) out of the term "meditation" and it is actually something I look forward to. 

Sarah326
by Member on Sep. 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Yes!  I just started.  

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2011 at 10:34 AM

It's awesome, isn't it?

Quoting Sarah326:

Yes!  I just started.  

alyciajoseph
by Alycia on Sep. 18, 2011 at 1:39 PM
Never thought about it before... I don't know if I'd ever find time and QUIET! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)