Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

I'm tired!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:47 PM
Amy
  • 7 Replies

I've been so tired lately, and have had such a hard time waking up in the mornings.  Next week my kids start back to school and I have to drop my daughter off earlier than in the past.  I'm dreading getting up earlier since I'm so tired as it is.

What are your tips for getting up earlier (and not just going to sleep earlier, because that doesn't help) and getting through the day without feeling as if you're just going to fall asleep in the middle of something?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Drumdiva
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Do you think there is an underlying issue that is making you so tired?  If there’s not, for me, I have to exercise!  Energy begets energy.  If I don’t go for my walk or run in the morning, not only am I tired during the day, but I get cranky too.  Its sooooo hard to get started, for sure, but I NEVER regret it!  Once I get into it, I’m good.  I  keep that in mind as I push myself to go.  I also enjoy Nettle infusion.  It gives me energy that is very different from coffee or stimulants.  My boyfriend wakes up at 4:00am to go to work.  I am not a heavy sleeper, so it wakes me when he gets up and gets ready.  I used to go back to sleep, which took me about an hour to do, then I sleep so hard its hard to wake up and my whole day is gone.  So, I’ve been getting up with him.  I relax and enjoy my coffee and fool around on the computer, but by 7:00 I’m on my walk.  My energy and productivity are through the roof!  BUT, I’m toast by 8:00PM and usually asleep by 9:00.  You have to find a routine that works for you.  

LindAngeLevi
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 4:34 PM
I would suggest drinking more water and looking at your diet. Fried foods can put its toll on a body. I know growing up for dinner my mother always fried our meat. When I started cooking that was the only way I knew how to cook. Once I started baking boiling and eating more veggies I wasn't so tired as usual also try to maintain about 7-9hours of sleep every night. It may help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alyciajoseph
by Alycia on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:57 PM
I agree exercise in the morning, and snack on veggies for energy threw the day. I like my energy boost smoothie drinks (I got them with my magic bullet)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarchMarie
by Angela on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:15 AM

I dont know... I couldnt survive without my morning cup o' tea. And I go to bed at 9 and get up at 6 every day.

I hope you get some tips.

matreshka
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:23 PM

I have a regular sleep schedule and take my multivitamin with my breakfast.  i love my coffee but limit it to too cups in the morning.  i also try top get some excersise in.  I'm a SAHM so when the baby naps, i try to get relaxation, not a nap, in to recharge.  we also eat around 530 pm so that our dinner is digested before bed.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 8:28 AM

I agree that exercise will give you energy...I have a treadmill, and I sometimes hate walking on it, but when I get off, I do have more energy than I had before walking!  lol

I agree with all pp; a sleep schedule will help, drinking a cup of tea will help (or if you are like me, coffee) in the morning.  Just remember, you'll get used to the new schedule soon!

angiek36
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 7:35 PM

take  a   multi vitamin and eat healthy it will give you energy also it helps if you wake up and the same time everyday

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN