Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Healthy eating tips

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 11:39 AM
  • 11 Replies

Got these tips from my daughter's nintendo DS Jillian Michael's game and thought I would post them she has some recipes as well I will post them tomorrow she has to write them down for me tonight. I hope you all like these tips.

1.Avoid processed foods! The longer it lasts on the shelf the worse it is for you.

2.Keep a food journal it will help you become aware of just how much you are eating.

3.Cook your own meals. It is a good habit because you can manage your portions and ingredients.

4. Drink 12ozs. of water 2 hours prior to your workout, and another 12ozs. 30min. after your workout.

5. Eat every 4 hours so your blood sugar never dips to low. That means 3 meals a day and one healthy snack.

6. Don't workou on an empty stomach. Eat something with high fiber like an apple, cereal raw almonds. Whatever you do don't workout on an empty stomach.

7. Avoid sugary drinks that adds up to a lot of calories.

8. Don't stop drive right past the drive through.

9. Get out and exercise.

by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LindAngeLevi
by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 2:08 PM
Love this!especially the first one!!
GlowingxMomma
by Member on Aug. 26, 2011 at 2:26 PM

I follow some of these already! Go me yay!

racheljessee
by Rachel on Aug. 26, 2011 at 6:34 PM

i've heard keeping a food journal really helps- i've actually had to do that a few times for my doctors (i'm a type one diabetic) and it forced me to eat healthier in a way because once i saw all the junk i was eating written down i made a subconsious (sp?) choice to go for healthier stuff. :)

Drumdiva
by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Good stuff!  I practice most of this except the journal and the water pre-workout.  I did do the journal for a while and it is an awesome tool for weight loss as it shows you the mindliess eating and portions.  But don't need to do it anymore.  As for the water pre-workout, are you kidding....I'd have to pee half way through.  I run, and it really wouldn't be right to knock on a neighbors door and ask to use the restroom!  I hydrate well post workout.  :-)

tina30218
by Tina on Aug. 30, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Way to go I am going to start doing them as well. I would like to start the journal and especially start drinking more water.

tina30218
by Tina on Aug. 30, 2011 at 4:34 PM

I don't do the water before the workout but I can see the after the workout.

razmataz426
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Don't workout on an empty stomach? I think if I went running after eating I'd throw up! I've heard the wait 30 minutes after you eat to go swimming to avoid cramps; surely one would wait at least that long before a vigorous workout?

tina30218
by Tina on Aug. 31, 2011 at 11:22 AM

I agree I think if I ate before working out I would get sick as well. I never eat before working out.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2011 at 9:50 AM

I LOVE this!  Thanks for posting!  I am working hard on being healthier with my eating, and this is very helpful for me.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2011 at 9:56 AM

I own a treadmill, and I sip during the workout.  Of course, your workouts are probably more intense than mine, as I'm a beginner right now.

Quoting tina30218:

I don't do the water before the workout but I can see the after the workout.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN