Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Dieting - Are you doing it?

Posted by   + Show Post

If so, are you following a specific diet plan?  
How is it working for you?
What is your favorite/least favorite thing about the diet? 

by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 1:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
BelindaDuvessa
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:05 AM

If so, are you following a specific diet plan?  I do count calories.  But I believe pretty much everything in moderation, although I try to find healthier alternatives for some foods.
How is it working for you? Fairly good so far.  I'm losing weight, and I don't feel half bad most of the time.  I am planning on tweaking my diet soon, leaning more towards fresh vegetables and a few less grains.
What is your favorite/least favorite thing about the diet?  Least favorite is logging everything.  But I do it regardless.  And favorite?  That fact that it works.

wandep
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Yes, mil, hubby and I are all doing weight watchers. 

Xfitmom
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I am on the Paleo lifestyle. I do 90/10 allowing for occasional cheats. It helps a whole bunch. My least favorite? I miss coffee sometimes with my creamer.

TiffanyD78
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM
I don't diet! Diets don't work. Getting the right nutrition in your body is what works. I get my nutrition from the most dense botanical plant on this earth. The nutrition that you get from this plant has more nutrients than what's available in the most healthiest foods. Message me and I can let you know what it is. I don't think I can put websites on here.
amberstars
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:23 PM

No

Dragon, wife to Eagle.  Sister-wife to Swan and Rainbow.  Author, astronomer, world traveler, gamer, & reader.  Muslim revert.  In an inter-racial and cross-cultural marriage.

mom2aspclboy
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:36 AM

No, I don't diet. Instead, I've just cleaned up my eating to include healthier foods & beverages while avoiding the crap/fake foods that are available today. I don't feel that it is realistic to follow a restrictive diet to lose weight and/or get healthier, then expect to be able to go back to your regular style of eating and maintain the weightloss and/or health benefits. The only way I would follow & stick to a specific diet plan is if I needed it for a specific health condition (i.e. food allergy).

KCisPaulsMom
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I wouldn't necessarily call what I do a "diet," but rather a lifestyle/way of eating. I try my best to eat whole foods... no processed stuff. I work hard to stay away from bread, pasta and grains. I am not perfect, but this way of eating has helped me lose weight. I have lost 26 pounds and still need to lose 16.

CaraAchterberg
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:19 AM

I do well when I give myself some clear goals or ultimatems. Last year I challenged myself to a "2 ingredient diet" which for me meant that I could only eat foods that I either made myself from whole ingredients or processed foods that had no more than 2 ingredients. I lost ten pounds in three months, but mostly it just forced me to think carefully about everything I ate. I learned to make crackers because I couldn't find any store-bought with 2 ingredients. They were super yummy (especially with a glass of white wine).

This year I'm trying to follow these rules - drink a glass of water (8oz) before each meal, eat 2 fruits or veggiees with every meal, no unplanned snacks. I'm struggling, but when I follow the rules I have good days. It's hard this time of year because it's gray and cold outside, so I don't exercise enough.

Blessings to all of you. 

MomTiara19
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Im trying again.

What works for me is drinking more water,walk,weights,and cut my food intake in half.

Xfitmom
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I don't believe in diets but I do believe in my Paleo lifestyle. Switching my eating habits has made me healthier in numerous ways as well as helped with my 75+ weight loss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN