Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Tip 3 of ways to cut salt and sugar

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 1:34 PM
  • 7 Replies
Try a fresh twist on eggs

If you sprinkle a little dried thyme into your scrambled eggs, you won't be tempted to pass the salt shaker over them.

by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LindAngeLevi
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 4:11 PM
That sounds a little weird. Although I will try it! Also to cut grease you can break the egg open and let it boil in water! My mom saw that on a cooking show :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tina30218
by Tina on Sep. 8, 2011 at 11:25 AM

I have heard of breaking a egg open and boiling it in the water I have not done it before will have to try it.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Awesome!

Drumdiva
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Cutting sugar I'm down for, but I've heard salting food to taste is not as bad as once thought.  I ONLY use sea salt.  It makes a huge difference to me.  If I ever use the same amount of regular salt that I would of sea salt, whatever I'm salting is way over salted.  

tina30218
by Tina on Sep. 10, 2011 at 1:16 PM

My family is also starting to use sea salt instead of regular salt and really like it.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Hmmm, sea salt sounds interesting.  Does it come in a shaker?

Quoting Drumdiva:

Cutting sugar I'm down for, but I've heard salting food to taste is not as bad as once thought.  I ONLY use sea salt.  It makes a huge difference to me.  If I ever use the same amount of regular salt that I would of sea salt, whatever I'm salting is way over salted.  

tina30218
by Tina on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:11 PM

kind of the one I have you grind it in. So you are actually controlling how much you use.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)