Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Does anyone belong to a gym or plan to join one for the winter months?

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 1:14 PM
  • 5 Replies

We have a public Recreational Center here which is affordable. I think I will try to brave the cold, but may end up joining; I'm not too fond of it because it's available for all age groups and can sometimes be quite crowded.

by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
batjmom
by Sarah on Sep. 12, 2011 at 1:39 PM

My DH belongs to one because he likes to play racquetball.  I have a gym quality elliptical so I'm happy with that

collegegrad2013
by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 1:44 PM
I go to planet fitness. $10 a month and 24 hours. I go 4 times a week. Love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karamille
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2011 at 8:54 PM

I am considering it.  We have a brand new Y that is really nice, but I have heard its really crowded.  We have an anytime fitness which would be great sicne I workout late at night, but like 20 minutes away on the side of town I rarely go to.  We have a wellness center that is nearby (like less than 7 minutes away) but they are expensive and shut down @ 9pm.  Not sure what I am going to do this winter.  I might just have to invest in a treadmill.  :P 

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2011 at 9:36 AM

I own a treadmill and have exercise videos.  So therefore, I am active all the time.  I don't belong to a gym...I'm very overweight, and when I have gone, I get stares and people are rude.  I am trying to better myself, why make fun?

Anyhow, if I were thinner, I might belong to a gym.

Javi05Eli07
by Member on Sep. 13, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Nope, I will never join a gym again.  I have my P90X, Yoga/Pilates, 30 Day Shred, and will have P90X2 in December.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN