Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

had a melt down in my oven litterally need help

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2011 at 5:16 PM
  • 17 Replies

ok here's the situation my mom came over last tuesday and helped me straighten up she took an old plasic container she had given me that had old  grease in it(that i had previously used) and placed it in my oven after i had told her not to   later on that night i had went to use my oven to cook dinner and the container melted with the grease inside of it.......i forgot the container was in the oven! i hurried up shut the oven off  waitied a few mintues and took the container out and threw it away.....since then i have not used my  oven  because of the smell  and i've been afraid tto use it due to the fact that everytime i turn it on once it reaches a certain temperature the smoke detectors in my apartment go off all four of them(the one upstairs at the top of the stairs the one in my daughters room  the one in my room and the one in the living room) i've cleaned it out but there's a grease spill thats hard to get to underneath the stove on the floor. i've taken my oven apart  down to the actual burner  and cleaned it........and i still get the burned hair/ grease smell is there a cleaner i can use to get the smell out my mom keeps saying she's going to come over and clean it out  but she doesnt  i'm worried that i might need to replace the entire unit.............please some one help me i like baking and want to use my oven again :(

btw my name is monica i'm 25 with one child a daughter named braelyn  and i'm new to the group   

by on Oct. 22, 2011 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Oct. 22, 2011 at 5:24 PM

bump

alyciajoseph
by Alycia on Oct. 22, 2011 at 5:46 PM
That stinks, no pun intended. I cooked plastic in my oven once, I just had to take my fire alarms off and cleaned my oven.

I don't know what else to tell you, I'm sorry. Welcome to the group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tina30218
by Tina on Oct. 22, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Wish I could help. Welcome to the group.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Oct. 22, 2011 at 10:12 PM
Thank you i'm gonna put some dish soap (just a lil bit) in it and let it sit over night
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2011 at 8:33 AM

I wish I could help.  Welcome to the group!!!

Can you move the stove to clean?

mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Oct. 23, 2011 at 9:36 AM
I figured out what the problem is whick presents a bigger problem i'll post the pics
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Oct. 23, 2011 at 10:22 AM

The ignitor has to be removed in order to get to the drip pan underneath the burner
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Ah, that sucks.

alyciajoseph
by Alycia on Oct. 24, 2011 at 9:39 AM
I wouldn't even know how to do that... I don't even know where those parts on my oven are... I think I have some learning to do.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

The ignitor has to be removed in order to get to the drip pan underneath the burner
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Oct. 24, 2011 at 9:25 PM
It really does smh

Quoting celestegood:

Ah, that sucks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN