Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Top 10 Bizarre Food Ingredients

Posted by   + Show Post

http://listverse.com/2009/03/10/top-10-bizarre-food-ingredients/

**Some are repeats from the last similar post**

Gold

Gold.Jpg

Gold is one of the most popular metals used in jewelry. It is also very useful in electronics. In addition to its more common uses, gold is used as a food additive – usually for decorative purposes in the form of gold leaf (E number E175). It is quite popular as an additive to alcoholic drinks and there is a traditional Polish and German liqueur called Goldwasser (Goldwater) which contains thousands of tiny flakes. Gold is inert to body chemistry so it passes through the body unaltered and has no nutritional value.

by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Replies (21-28):
Marleynme0914
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Ew. gold? Bugs? Is it really that hard to put good ingredients into foods now adays?
MrsTBailey
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 12:42 PM
I guess so. I was thinking that they did this to save money all except for gold that is. And agreed yuck!!

Quoting Marleynme0914:

Ew. gold? Bugs? Is it really that hard to put good ingredients into foods now adays?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on Feb. 19, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Gotta read more later.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

Vertical15
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Quoting Marleynme0914:

While I don't get the gold the bugs make sense-its a coloring thing *shrugs*  I do wish they could find better ingredients!

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Quoting Marleynme0914:

Not to pick on you, so please don't take it this way...

FOOD doesn't have ingredients.  Food products do.  That's why it's important to eat real food/clean food.

We have the choice; we're not forced to eat food products.

Vertical15
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting Marleynme0914:

FOOD doesn't have ingredients.  Food products do.  That's why it's important to eat real food/clean food.

Love that chart, thanks for posting it!

MrsTBailey
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 9:36 PM
I agree thanks rhonda for posting this chart i am gonna snag it so i can make better food choices :-)

Quoting Vertical15:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting Marleynme0914:

Love that chart, thanks for posting it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Rhonda always comes up w/ the best visual aides

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)