Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

not sure whats wrong

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 8:17 PM
  • 11 Replies

so the last 2 weeks or so i have been very tired. i start to feel it around lunch time and by 4 or 5 i can barely keep my eyes open. my coworkers are telling me i should have my thyroid checked but i'm not sure whats up. any other ideas?

by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsTBailey
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 8:21 PM
My only advice would be to find out from your doctor or naturopath or whomever you go to and find out why this is happening to you. Also please update when you do find out :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2012 at 8:29 PM

How long do you sleep at night?  Is it a restful sleep or are you up and down?

What are you eating during the day?

Are you drinking enough water?

Are you possibly pregnant?

Thyroid problems would involve other symptoms, too.  Is there anything else you notice that is off?

smiles2008
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I sleep 8-9 hours at night most times its restful. I have always had the same diet so thats not a change. I am drinking a lot more water lately. I had my tubes tied in 06. And i don't notice anything else being off.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Thyroid problems would involve other symptoms, too.  Is there anything else you notice that is off?

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2012 at 9:43 PM

The "drinking a lot more water lately" statement is a flag.  Get to a doctor.  I don't want to scare you, but fatigue and thirst are common signs of diabetes.  If you happen to know anyone that has a glucometer, have them check your blood sugar about 2 hours after you've eaten lunch or when you feel fatigued.

Quoting smiles2008:

I sleep 8-9 hours at night most times its restful. I have always had the same diet so thats not a change. I am drinking a lot more water lately. I had my tubes tied in 06. And i don't notice anything else being off.

Quoting michiganmom116:

rkoloms
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Is there any chance that you can be pregnant? Has your diet changed? Are you drinking less water than you should be? Has your stress level increased?

smiles2008
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2012 at 10:20 PM

i'm only drinking more for health reasons. I wanted to get healthier.

Quoting michiganmom116:

The "drinking a lot more water lately" statement is a flag.  Get to a doctor.  I don't want to scare you, but fatigue and thirst are common signs of diabetes.  If you happen to know anyone that has a glucometer, have them check your blood sugar about 2 hours after you've eaten lunch or when you feel fatigued.

Quoting smiles2008:

Quoting michiganmom116:

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Good!

Quoting smiles2008:

i'm only drinking more for health reasons. I wanted to get healthier.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting smiles2008:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Kelly913
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2012 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Does your breakfast contain enough protein and healthy fats to give you the energy you need to face the day?  Even if nothing has changed, what you've been eating might not be sufficient and it has taken time to catch up to you. 

ladym79
by Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
It could be adrenal fatigue or something hormal related. Another possibility is hypoglycemia. It sounds like you may be crashing. I have it and afternoons and evenings I get sooooo tired and sleepy AND thirst is a symptom. I regulate it by eating small meals throughout the day and eating protein will balance a crash instantly. I stay clear of sugar. This website might be helpful. www.womentowomen.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I agree get the Dr to do test on your thyroid and ask about adrenal fatige and even the hypoglycenia and diabeties.At least you can rule out things if they come back negative.Hope you feel better soon.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN