Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Do you stop eating after a certain time at night?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 3:14 PM
  • 12 Replies

I keep reading places that something you can do to prevent weight gain is to not eat after a certain time at night. 

Do you stop eating after a certain time at night?

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

No.  A calorie is a calorie, no matter what time of day you eat it.

Due to my diabetes, sometimes I HAVE to eat between dinner and bedtime.

Kelly913
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

For my adrenal fatigue I'm supposed to eat something like a few bites of cheese or a slice of apple with peanut butter just before bed, so no, I don't stop eating after a certain time.  As Rhonda said, a calorie is a calorie, but I think the logic behind the "don't eat after a certain time" approach comes from curbing mindless snacking while watching TV or something along those lines. 

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Quoting Kelly913:

For my adrenal fatigue I'm supposed to eat something like a few bites of cheese or a slice of apple with peanut butter just before bed, so no, I don't stop eating after a certain time.  As Rhonda said, a calorie is a calorie, but I think the logic behind the "don't eat after a certain time" approach comes from curbing mindless snacking while watching TV or something along those lines. 

Yes, I usually have a protein before bed, sometimes with carbs if my blood sugar needs to come up.

tnvplus2
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:04 PM
I don't eat or snack after 9.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alyciajoseph
by Alycia on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:34 PM
I use to, but I'm not really good with sticking with things like this. After the baby I'm going to try harder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sanj1213
by Juanita on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:10 PM
2 moms liked this

I eat when I'm hungry. I just make healthier choices.

RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I used to, but my chiro told me to eat at least a little bit when I take supplements to help me sleep--he said they'll work better that way. So I have at least a spoonful of sunbutter just before bed.

Kelly913
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:07 AM

This is the 2nd time in 2 days that I've read something about sunbutter.  Is it ground sunflower seeds, or something else? 

Quoting RobynS:

I used to, but my chiro told me to eat at least a little bit when I take supplements to help me sleep--he said they'll work better that way. So I have at least a spoonful of sunbutter just before bed.

Some Things Cookin' at my blog! 

sanj1213
by Juanita on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Quoting Kelly913:

I've never heard of it. I'm going to google it. I love all kinds of nut butters, but i've never had seed butter, if that's what it is.
RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes! It's the closest thing I've found to peanut butter. So yummy! :)

Quoting Kelly913:

This is the 2nd time in 2 days that I've read something about sunbutter.  Is it ground sunflower seeds, or something else? 

Quoting RobynS:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)