Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Big chemical company buying up New Chapter vitamins.

Posted by   + Show Post

Anybody like or use New Chapter supplements?

Have you heard the news, and it's official, Proctor and Gamble has purchased New Chapter.    And the story gets worse, guess who is associated with P&G?                                                             .....Monsanto.......

I thought I'd let you know what is happening to one of our best selling brands of natural and organic food based supplements, because they (New Chapter) are not saying anything about it.  Hm! I wonder why.....  

The choice is yours, you vote with your "dollars".

by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Replies (11-12):
joanandgene
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Working in a health food store and having a nutritionist on-board has allowed each staff member  to look more carefully at the labeled ingredients and question where each ingredient comes from. We also inquire about how and where it is manufactured and request certification of 3rd party testing. Many health food stores carry products labeled as natural or organic and do not investigate ingredients or question the manufacture.  I've seen it myself, so you have to be an informed customer and do your homework before purchasing products from ANYONE even Shaklee.  Please don't just take it for granted that if it is on the shelf of a health food store, it has to be good.  

We carry only a select few vitamins and New Chapter was just one the brands that we offered.  We don't have the staff to look into every manufacture nor do we carry a large selection.  If you are concerned about your manufacture, read the label and look up each ingredient and call the company and ask all the questions I mentioned above. We have a book on food and supplement ingredients to go by but I'm sure you can look them up on your computer.

We also have knowledgeable customers and we learn from them.  Many times our customers let us know what they have found out about a product on our shelf or a questionable ingredient in a food item, we investigate and pull the product from the shelf.  The last item sent back was frozen fish from China.  We won't accept anything from China and there is plenty out there.  Our customers won't purchase it and we don't want it either.

sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:11 PM

I buy my vit when I buy usually at wal-mart or another grocery store cause I cant afford health food stores prices.Wish I had an I phone then I might be more reassured when I buy my next bottle of vit.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)