Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

DH Sabotaging Me!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 3:34 PM
  • 56 Replies
1 mom liked this

DH does most of our grocery shopping and I'm SO grateful for that. But I'm trying to eat better and he's not helping.

The other day he was looking at the ad for our local grocery store. He said, "chips are on sale, should I get some?" I sort of grimaced and said, "That's not really something I should be eating."

So he went to the store and came home with TWO BAGS!

I know it's up to me to be strong. It's about will power (crunch, munch, crunch), but I just get these cravings for the salt and the crunch and (munch, munch, munch) before I know it... *sigh*

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I solved it by throwing the food out.  LOL  You should have SEEN the look on his face when he realized I WAS DEAD SERIOUS.  Now he'll still buy the things but won't bring them in the house.

Maybe ask your DH to keep them in his vehicle or at work?

rkoloms
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Yes, he is undermining you. However, you weren't exacly firm in your response. A better response to ghis comment would have been: I am working on getting healthy, and setting a better example for the kids. If you need the chips, please keep them in your office/car/etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Apr. 23, 2012 at 3:49 PM

He does buy things and hide them from me--nasty things like Little Debbie snack cakes and such. He also gets ice cream (which I can't have anyway, but soooo wish I could). I tell him the least he can do is try to hide it in the back of the freezer. Sometimes he leaves his dirty bowl out (*%&$#@!) though and one day his ice cream container fell out onto my toe! :/

Quoting michiganmom116:

I solved it by throwing the food out.  LOL  You should have SEEN the look on his face when he realized I WAS DEAD SERIOUS.  Now he'll still buy the things but won't bring them in the house.

Maybe ask your DH to keep them in his vehicle or at work?

RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Apr. 23, 2012 at 3:51 PM

You are so right! What's made it harder is that there are so many things I'm allergic to... I tend to eat just about anything that I'm NOT allergic to, including certain chips. (I know, I know... not smart!). I will respond differently next time. I sure wish he would help me stay strong instead of helping me give in, though!

I feel like he has absolutely NO interest in getting healthy himself, so he wants to keep me down a bit, too. Does that make any sense?

Thanks, mama!! Just what I needed to hear. :)

Quoting rkoloms:

Yes, he is undermining you. However, you weren't exacly firm in your response. A better response to ghis comment would have been: I am working on getting healthy, and setting a better example for the kids. If you need the chips, please keep them in your office/car/etc.

rkoloms
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 6:18 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting RobynS:

You are so right! What's made it harder is that there are so many things I'm allergic to... I tend to eat just about anything that I'm NOT allergic to, including certain chips. (I know, I know... not smart!). I will respond differently next time. I sure wish he would help me stay strong instead of helping me give in, though!

I feel like he has absolutely NO interest in getting healthy himself, so he wants to keep me down a bit, too. Does that make any sense?

Quoting rkoloms:

My friend Cheryl was having a simlar problem with her spouse. She took out a huge life insurance policy on him, and asked him to do her the courtesy of dying while she was still young enough to find a hottie to share the money with her.

LuLuRex
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Oh no! Yeah I'd probably tell him to bring them to work with him!

mandee1503
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:48 PM

That's too bad he bought them anyway. I'd ask if he would keep them elsewhere also.

I'm glad I do all the shopping. If it was solely up to dh, he would bring home ice cream, cookies and chips along with beer. Well rounded meals there.

RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Apr. 24, 2012 at 3:10 PM

DH only buys veggies and fruits for the kids' sake (and because I put them on the list). If he was a bachelor, his meals would be mostly meat and junk. Bleh.

Quoting mandee1503:

That's too bad he bought them anyway. I'd ask if he would keep them elsewhere also.

I'm glad I do all the shopping. If it was solely up to dh, he would bring home ice cream, cookies and chips along with beer. Well rounded meals there.

cew816
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I know EXACTLY what you mean.  My husband is about 100 lbs over weight.  I can't say much, because I am about 80.  I personally try and try and try, and he always wants to go out to eat, and get ice cream, and all the bad stuff.  I finally throw in the towel everytime.  But then I tell him that I am very concerned about his health, and he says yeah to shut me up, but nothing ever comes of it.  He is 30 this year, and a friend of ours died at 37 who had the same issues.  It scares me a lot

Quoting RobynS:

Quoting rkoloms:

RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Why are so many men like this???? :(

Quoting cew816:

I know EXACTLY what you mean.  My husband is about 100 lbs over weight.  I can't say much, because I am about 80.  I personally try and try and try, and he always wants to go out to eat, and get ice cream, and all the bad stuff.  I finally throw in the towel everytime.  But then I tell him that I am very concerned about his health, and he says yeah to shut me up, but nothing ever comes of it.  He is 30 this year, and a friend of ours died at 37 who had the same issues.  It scares me a lot

Quoting RobynS:

Quoting rkoloms:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)