Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

dinner ideas???

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:13 PM
  • 21 Replies
I want to have some easy dinners for my hubby to do after the baby, but everything I can think of involves the oven and its to hot to be used. Does anyone have some easy quick meals? Maybe stuff I can freeze and he just has to warm up, or cook on the grill? I want to do a 3 week meal plan (I barely get 1) any and all ideas would be great!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Do you have a crockpot?

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Sloppy joe meat

taco meat

meatloaf

hamburger patties

mashed potatoes or twice baked potatoes

cooked rice

casseroles (lasagna, shepherds pie, etc.)

soups & stews & chili

scrambled eggs

burritos

meat pot pies

biscuits

meat & gravy

alyciajoseph
by Alycia on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:23 PM

yes I do!!

Quoting michiganmom116:

Do you have a crockpot?

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Quoting alyciajoseph:

yes I do!!

Quoting michiganmom116:

Do you have a crockpot?

You can make soups/stews and casseroles, even lasagna, in ice cream pails (make sure they're the same size as your crockpot.)  Let them freeze, then pop 'em out and wrap/put in resealable plastic bags.  When you're ready to eat, just remove them from the wrap/bag and put in the crockpot, then cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.  I also add about 1/4 c. water to the casseroles.

Another idea is to freeze meats in marinade or sauce, then put them in the crockpot and cook as above.

mandee1503
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I have a great lasagna recipe in the crock pot. Also I enjoy beer bread, it goes in the oven, but it's good up to a few days later in the microwave with a little bit of butter on it.

Maybe some casseroles that you can freeze, and he can reheat in the microwave or a crockpot. Also bbq.

sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:03 PM

When is your baby due?I agree if you have the space cook and freeze.I have a cp and thats what I love to use here in central Tx from now till about oct.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

sanj1213
by Juanita on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:35 PM
I agree with the crockpot cooking and casseroles work too.
alyciajoseph
by Alycia on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM
11 days lol.. I'm hoping it comes sooner. I got a few cp things, I'm going to try a few different things in if and hope they work!

Quoting sassymomntx1961:

When is your baby due?I agree if you have the space cook and freeze.I have a cp and thats what I love to use here in central Tx from now till about oct.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rkoloms
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Make and freeze a stack of pizzas; pizza on the grill is fantastic.

Peanut sauce can be frozen, and heated in the microwave:  I serve this it over broccoli (and I make double the sauce).

Pasta with Finger-Licking Peanut Sauce
1/2 cup low or no sodium vegetable broth
1/4 cup chunky peanut butter (I use smooth)
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
2 teaspoons chile paste with garlic (add to taste, it is pretty spicey)
4 garlic cloves, minced
8 ounces uncooked whole wheat angel hair
1 pound firm tofu, drained and cubed (optional)
1 cup (2-inch) sliced green onions
1 cup shredded carrot
Combine first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently (this can also be done in the microwave; use a tempered glass bowl, like pyrex, cook for 20 seconds, stir, repeat until smooth). Remove from heat. Cook pasta in boiling water 8 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add tofu, onions, and carrot; drain. Place pasta mixture in a large bowl. Add peanut butter mixture; toss gently

LostTheSlipper
Cool. Customization!
Yesterday at 4:20 PM
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:28 PM

turkey burgers with fruit as a side

grilled chicken (breast, drumsticks, wings, whichever) and grilled asparagus

you can put a whole chicken in the crockpot, just let it marinade first or cover with olive oil and spices (you can have him throw potato chunks, onions, and carrots in the bottom and voila! a meal)

spaghetti and meat sauce

you can do stuffed shells ahead of time, just prep and freeze, he just needs to defrost, add sauce and throw in the oven

baked potatoes can be done in the crockpot - can top with veggies

"breakfast" is one of my "fill-in" meals for dinner

calico beans and rice

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)