Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

...was Friday night. I ended up running the entire thing (slowly, but still running!!). My little brother came up and ran with me. We rode up with a bunch of my friends. It was COLD waiting for it to start, but the race went really well! Sprinkled on us a little but never rained hard.

My time was 40:47.

A few pics...

by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Replies (21-28):
sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on May. 3, 2012 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

way to godancingwoohoo

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Way to go!!!!!!!

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!  And I'm with  you-I'm not a runner either.  You are awesome to do this though.

Quoting RobynS:

rolling on floorhahaha!! Me? A runner?! Bwaaahaaahaaahaa.

Nope. Not even a little bit. Always said I wouldn't run unless someone was chasing me. With a knife. In high school when we had to run in P.E., my only goal was not to come in dead last.

But I got talked into it and I trained for it (not hard, but fairly consistently). I'll do the Dirty Girl Mud Run in less than 2 weeks and then another 5K in August. Would be good to maybe do one in between, just to keep me training.

Quoting yogamaiden:

good for you!!! I was just starting to think about taking part in a 5k race! Did you train? Or have you always been a runner?

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I know!!!!  How awesome are you? 

Quoting alyciajoseph:

Woohoo! Congratulations, so glad you did it!

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I am no where close to ready for running a 5k, but good luck and I know you can do it!!!

Quoting yogamaiden:

good for you!!! I was just starting to think about taking part in a 5k race! Did you train? Or have you always been a runner?

yogamaiden
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM

thank you! It probably won't be anytime soon.. I want to be able to jog the whole thing, which will take training since I only jog for like 20-30 minutes now... But I hope to by next year this same time.. Hopefully.. :)

RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on May. 3, 2012 at 12:05 PM

a lot of the gals at my gym did the Couch to 5K program. There are some free ones you can download. I bought one for 99ยข, but couldn't get it to work on my iPod Shuffle. But by then I was already past that point on my own anyway so it didn't matter.

My point is... it's a good program and a lot of the gals really enjoyed it! :)

Quoting yogamaiden:

thank you! It probably won't be anytime soon.. I want to be able to jog the whole thing, which will take training since I only jog for like 20-30 minutes now... But I hope to by next year this same time.. Hopefully.. :)

yogamaiden
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I will look into that! Thank you! I feel like I'm already half way there, so I may end up just extending my time of jogging now, but it looks like it'd be worth looking into at least.. Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)