Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

What are you doing to be healthier?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:24 PM
  • 62 Replies

We gave moms and their children Target Up & Up Gummy Multivitamins. Read what our influencer moms say about the adult vitamins and what their children said about the children's gummy multivitamins.

Then, tell us what you are doing to be healthier this month.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:54 PM
My daughter is two I gave her one as soon as I got the package today :) she ate it and wanted more lol she took the entire bottle of the kids vitamins from me and tried to open it. Over all she loves them and i'll keep giving them to her. She's never taken a mulit vitamin but she thinks they're candy.

I've taken flintstones multi vitamins and these taste awesome compared to the flintstone chewables. It tasted really good. I'm going to keep taking them because they are great. Flintstones can't measure up to these :) thanks cm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshine86912
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I am not big on vitamins, I normally forget to take them and lets face it, most of them taste NASTY!  I didnt realize we would be getting adult vitamins as well as childrens!  Guess my reading skills stink at times haha.  I took two this morning right after we got the package, I also gave the girls two and my husband as well.  Neither myself nor my husband had ever tried gummie vitamins for adults!  I was pretty impressed.  I have tried the kids gummy ones before and they are normally pretty tough to chew and the girls dont like them at all because of that.  So I was pleased to find out these were soft gummies and tasted yummy!  They didnt leave a yucky after taste like lots of the pill vitamins do either.

As for the kids ones, my kids loved them!  They ate them with no issues, even though they werent in the shape of princesses :)  My girls are 4 and 5 so they can be pretty picky about what they put in their mouth now.  They dont take vitamins regularly either, its hard to remember for me and my kids LOL so we all forget!  They thought told me they thought they were yummy and wanted more than the 2 they were supposed to have.  I dont think they will let me forget to give them their vitamins now!

Thank you cafemom and Target for this opportunity!  I think the Up and Up Gummy Multivitamins will become atleast the kid brand for us :)  Not sure I can remember for myself though haha.

JCTVCBN
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM

My 6 year old son loves his Target Up & Up Gummy Multivitamins.  He loves them so much that he always reminds me to give them to him each day.  : ) 

He has been taking a different kind of gummy multivitamins for years now.  He also takes Children's DHA, and probiotics that promotes intestinal health and supports microflora balance.

I like the fact that just like my son's other vitamins, these also don't contain any wheat (gluten), milk, eggs, peanuts or soy.

I've taken vitamins before, but I don't think I've ever tried the gummy form vitamins for adults.  I really like that the adults' gummy multivitamins are easier to take than the pill form vitamins, and they taste good. 

Thank you Cafemom for choosing me for the Target Up & Up Gummy Multivitamins Influencer Program, and thank you Target.  My son and I really liked our vitamins.  : )

jbyrd898
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I'm so excited! I cant wait to get our vitamins, to try :)

GwenMB
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:15 PM

My 5 & 3 year old boys were so excited to take these this morning!  They both said "Yum! Can I have another one?"  My 5 year old also said "These are made with fruit!"

Like Sunshine said, the gummies being soft & easier to chew is a definite plus.  Other gummy vitamins haven't been nearly as easy to chew.  The Up & Up brand is a definite improvement.

I really dislike swallowing pills but hadn't really tried any gummy adult vitamins.  These are definitely worth continuing!  I love that they have 400mg of folic acid.  I can't remember how much folic acid you need when ttc (which I am) but that's definitely well on the way to what I need (I do take a liquid folic acid supplement as well).

As a Celiac, I really appreciated that the label clearly says there is no wheat or gluten in these. :)

My 5 year old DS is pretty good about eating a variety of foods so I'm not as concerned about him getting a multi vitamin.  But my 3 year old isn't nearly as good, so a good multi he will take is a good find!

Definitely something we will continue to take.

alliesmom112
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:20 PM

First off I want to thank Cafemom and Target for this influencer. We received our package yesterday and DD was so excited to see the package she was sure it was for her.

My dd is 3 (4 in July) and she takes vitamins everyday, she usually takes Disney Mickey Mouse Gummy Vitamins. When I opened the package Allie was so excited to see the vitamins, really she loves vitamins. I was sure she would like them because they were not Mickey Mouse or Princesses but when she saw the teddy bears on the bottle she was happy. I gave her 2 and at first she was pretty skeptical because they didn't have sugar on the outside but she tried them anyway and loved them. She said she thought they tasted better than her Princess vitamins. I really liked that they didn't have the sugar all over the outside of the vitamins.

As for the adults both dh and I tried the adult vitamins. I take a prenatal vitamin everyday (I am TTC and my dr reccommended it) in pill form but I have never taken a gummy vitamin. Dh does not take vitamins everday but agreed to try them. We both were impressed the with the taste and that they did not taste overly sweet or leave a yucky after taste. I am definitely impressed with the Up and Up Vitamins and will definitely buy them in the future for the whole family. 

mandee1503
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:04 PM
I was excited to receive the vitamins a try them out with dd and dh.

Dd has never taken vitamins before and at first was a little cautious. She loves gummy bears though so I knew she would try them. She loved them and wanted more. I'm glad she like them and I will be buying her more. It will help in the long run because dd is a very picky eater.

Ive taken one a days and prenatals and both hard to take because they are usually large pills. These taste good and are easy to take. Dh even agreed that they tasted good and he would continue taking them. So next time I'm in Target I will swing by the vitamin aisle and pick up some Up & Up chewable vitamins for my family!

Thank you Cafemom and Target!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnvplus2
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I was chosen to try out the vitamins for myself and my kids. My kids were super excited to try them. The kids reminded me the other day and today to give them one. My daughter kept asking for more and I had to keep reminding her that she couldn't have more. I usually have stomach pains when taking certain things. However these multi vitamins didn't give me any trouble. Before receiving these my kids were taking One Source gummy multivitamins and I was taking prenatals even though I'm not pregnant. Just to have something to help me out. The Up and Up multivitamins taste really good and my kids and I absolutely love them. I plan to continue with these and buy them in the future. Thank youTarget and Cafemom for the chance to try the multivitamins with my kids.

CafeMom Tickers
liveforever
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I was excited to be picked for this influencer. Thank you Target and Cafemom!

I take a multivitamin regularly because of Crohns disease. I actually currently take the Up and Up womens daily multivitamin. I never tried a gummie vitamin before but I really like these. They taste great and it seems to be a little easier to remember taking my vitamin when its something fun. I really like these so far and would definitely consider buying them again.

My dd is 6 and Ive never given her a vitamin before. She generally eats well but I figured this would be beneficial for her. She used to take fiber gummies to help with constipation problems so she thought it was that again. I explained to her a bit what vitamins are and she took it with no problems. She said it tasted really good, and it wasnt has hard as the fiber gummies which was great. 

I definitely am pleased with the Up and Up gummie multivitamins. Id consider purchasing them in the future!

Sarah725
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Thanks Cafemom for being picked for this influencer!  I was very excited to try these vitamins.

I never remember to regularly take vitamins and when I do they are usually the big pill ones. The one's that  are hard to swallow.  I didn't know they made adult gummy vitamins, I was pleasantly surprised.  They are very good and are small just like fruit snacks.  I read the label on them and was happy with everything that it has.  100% Vitamin D which is good with the lack on sun that I get here in WI.

The kids were very excited about them.  My DD is 4 and DS is 2, both ate them like candy.  They were very sad they could only have 2 a day.  They do usually get the Costco version of chewy vitamins so getting the Target brand wasn't to different for them.  Actually they didn't notice a difference they are happy with both.

Thank you for giving me the chance to try the Up and Up gummy multivitamins.  Next time we are at Target I just might pick some up for us again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)