Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

What are you doing to be healthier?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms and their children Target Up & Up Gummy Multivitamins. Read what our influencer moms say about the adult vitamins and what their children said about the children's gummy multivitamins.

Then, tell us what you are doing to be healthier this month.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
Bob192
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:48 AM

My kids have never tried gummy vitamins, for that matter they've never had vitamins!  I've always been cautious of gummy vitamins because of the idea vitamins disguised as candy.  I have a 8 year old girl, 5, year old boy, and a 3 year old girl. 

I do wish my kids made better food choices and I do want to make sure their body is healthy.  So even though I was weary of the idea of gummy vitamins, I tried them with my kids.  I had "the talk" with them, about the vitamins of course.  I explained to them that They were medicine and not candy and only mommy and daddy were to give them to them.

They LOVED them!!  They ask ME for them every morning and they want their 2, I better not gyp them of a vitamin.  It makes me feel better that they are getting the nutrition they need and that it is not a chore to give it to them. 

I also liked my gummy vitamins.  They tasted good and I want to be healthier too, this product makes it easy.  I trust the Up&Up brand, every other product I've used of theirs has been great quality.

I would not have tried these otherwise and it looks like we have a new gummy vitamin.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I just got them!  So yummy!

Quoting jbyrd898:

I'm so excited! I cant wait to get our vitamins, to try :)

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Ok, I got mine, and I gave my fifteen year old the adult ones. And my younger kids got two. They loved them! They thought they were just gummy bears. I have always given them flinstones vitamins.
The vitamins were of good quality and tasted wonderful-way better than the flinstones. The kids gobbled them up and asked for more! Of course, since they aren't candy, I said tomorrow! lol
Thanks cafemom for letting us try these vitamins! Although I have never tried this brand of vitamins, I might just keep buying them. They were really good and the kids loved them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I agree!  I have always given mine flinstones vitamins.  These are much better than those.  The kids love these. 

I have a new brand of vitamin for the kids!  All four of them!  Thanks cafemom!

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

My daughter is two I gave her one as soon as I got the package today :) she ate it and wanted more lol she took the entire bottle of the kids vitamins from me and tried to open it. Over all she loves them and i'll keep giving them to her. She's never taken a mulit vitamin but she thinks they're candy.

I've taken flintstones multi vitamins and these taste awesome compared to the flintstone chewables. It tasted really good. I'm going to keep taking them because they are great. Flintstones can't measure up to these :) thanks cm

frankiesma530
by New Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:06 PM

We really enjoyed our vitamins!  We try to take them everyday when we remember and the Target Up and Up multivitamins tasted very good and the fact that they were gummies made them even easier to stomach.  In the past, the only gummies I've taken are prenatals and those are horrid lol  These Up and Up vitamins were extremely pleasant and didn't give me an aftertaste (or an after burp lol).  I've also taken the centrum vitamins but I hate to swallow pills so these were right up my alley.

My 4 year old daughter took the children's multivitamin and she absolutely loved them.  Usually getting her to take her vitamins is like pulling teeth but she actually looked forward to these and asked if she could have her vitamins for the day.  The only other vitamins she has taken are the Flintstones and she is definitely not a fan of those. lol With these I also didn't have to worry about finding them later (to clarify, when I give her the flintstones, she'll "chew" them up and if I don't watch her eat the whole thing then I'll find she spits it out somewhere among the toys...smh)

We've only been taking the vitamins for about a week but I am loving them so far and this is a brand we'll definitely be buying in the future, especially for my daughter.  It is the best option I've seen so far. :)  Thanks so much Target and Cafemom for the opportunity to participate in this program!

frankiesma530
by New Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Also, to answer the other question, to be healthier, I've incorporated more fruit and raw veggies in my diet and also I'm drinking a lot of water.  I also take a walk whenever I can if weather permits. :)

jbyrd898
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:53 PM

We got our vitamins and love them from Target Up and Up vitamins and Cafemom. Its almost like eating some candy. In fact I gave my son one and he pitched a fit because I wouldnt give him another one right away. They are really easy to remember to take though because they are so yummy! Thanks again, I would totally buy these in the future.

sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on May. 8, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Wish I could have done this influencer.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

LovesFredric
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:17 PM
We are not regular multivitamin takers, generally I try to get the bulk of our nutrients from the foods we eat. Lately though, life has been busy and my youngest kiddo has become a picky eater. One of the things I appreciate about the gummy vitamins is that they don't have artificial sweeteners in them! My children are 4 year and 1.5 years old, and they were more than happy to take the vitamins. My husband and I also tried them, and they taste great. I like having generic options available, because I have purchased some name brand gummies before, and they were very expensive! Up & Up gummie multivitamins are a great choice, and I'm very happy to have them on hand to keep our nutrition on track!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbyrd898
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Again, thank you so much for the opportunity to take these vitamins cafemom and target up and up vitamins. Joey has never taken a multivitamin before, but really likes these. He has been pointing at the bottle every day since he had the first one (he is almost two).  He absolutely loves them

As ffor me, I think they are yummy too, and they dont give me an aftertaste like some of the other vitamins do. I've needed to start taking one for some time now. I've never taken any in the gummy form, but they certainly make it more enjoyable. Like I said in a previous post, I will be buying them after they run out!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)