Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Watermelon/mint/lime/honey sorbet

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:11 PM
  • 23 Replies

I haven't tried this yet, but it sure looks good!

Watermelon, Mint, Lime, Honey Sorbet

Posted By The Shirtless Chef On May 6, 2012 @ 10:39 am In All Recipes,Dessert,Recipe of the Day

Cooking Time: 70 min

Serves: 4

Ingredients and Cooking Steps

• 1 quart of watermelon pulp
  • 2 limes
  • 5 leaves mint
  • 2 TB honey

Note: this recipe uses an ice cream maker. This is the one I have: http://www.air-n-water.com/product/aic-210.htm

Steps
- Get cut up the watermelon pulp into chunks large enough to blend, remove seeds if there are any
- Roughly chop mint leaves
- Place watermelon pulp and chopped mint leaves in a blender
- Add honey and the juice of both limes to the blender
- Blend just until everything has the consistency of a melted Slurpee
- Place mixture in ice cream maker, run for an hour
- Garnish with mint, lime slices, and/or watermelon slices

Article printed from Fast Paleo: http://fastpaleo.com

URL to article: http://fastpaleo.com/watermelon-mint-lime-honey-sorbet/

by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on May. 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Here's a question for you... when you buy mint, it usually just says "mint." How do you know what kind of mint it is? I ask because I am allergic to peppermint, but not to spearmint. So if I made it with spearmint, this is something I could have! Except that I don't have an ice cream maker. But maybe I'll get one eventually! :)

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Quoting RobynS:

Here's a question for you... when you buy mint, it usually just says "mint." How do you know what kind of mint it is? I ask because I am allergic to peppermint, but not to spearmint. So if I made it with spearmint, this is something I could have! Except that I don't have an ice cream maker. But maybe I'll get one eventually! :)

Good question!  I would think you could make it with spearmint, if you wanted. 

RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on May. 6, 2012 at 1:27 PM

But how do I know what I'm buying if it only says "mint" on the package? I even asked at my local grocery store once which kind it was and they didn't know. :/

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting RobynS:

mandee1503
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Sounds like it would taste good. A light summer treat.

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I'd look for a health food store that would KNOW, or else buy your own spearmint plant.

Quoting RobynS:

But how do I know what I'm buying if it only says "mint" on the package? I even asked at my local grocery store once which kind it was and they didn't know. :/

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting RobynS:

mandee1503
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Maybe a health food store, or a whole foods would have them individually? That way you would know for sure.

Quoting RobynS:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting RobynS:

RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on May. 6, 2012 at 1:37 PM

the funny thing is, we have mint growing right outside and I don't know what kind it is either! LOL

Quoting michiganmom116:

I'd look for a health food store that would KNOW, or else buy your own spearmint plant.

Quoting RobynS:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting RobynS:

sanj1213
by Juanita on May. 6, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Yummy!! I love watermelon, especially when cold.
sanj1213
by Juanita on May. 6, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Quoting RobynS:

The peppermint plant grows taller than the spearmint plant about 4' tall and the peppermint leaves are larger. When blooming peppermint has a purplish blossom while spearmint has a pink to light to dark blue blossom not approaching purple. Peppermint also quite often has a purplish hue to the stems and leaves. Peppermint leaves are usually arranged further away from the main stems and have more teeth than spearmint leaves. Spearmint stems, while lacking the purple, are distinctly square while peppermint stems aren't.
sanj1213
by Juanita on May. 6, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Quoting sanj1213:

Hope I helped:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN