Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Where do you find yours?  I don't know how I managed to miss this, but the pastured chickens I've been buying (not certified, but being local I wasn't expecting the official label) are fed soybean and corn, most likely from GM sources!  Ugh!  I paid all that extra money and never clarified this most important issue!

So I checked around and there's another farmer raising a new batch of chickens on non GMO feed, but they won't be ready to butcher until June.  I'm out of chicken and I supposed June's not that far out, but I'd like to find a few birds until then.  I checked Costco.com and they don't list any online, but that might just mean they don't ship it, but have it in stores.  The closest one is 45 minutes away, so I don't want to make a trip w/o knowing.  There's a Trader Joe's near there too, does anyone know if they sell whole chickens?

Some Things Cookin' at my blog! 

by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Replies (11-18):
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Maybe I should get my cousins, the Bakers, to consider delivery to out of the area customers....

Kelly913
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:35 PM

That's an interesting feed option, but these birds are over 2.5 times the cost of the ones thru Azure!  Plus with Azure there's no sales tax and no shipping charges. 

Quoting michiganmom116:

I wonder how good these are....http://www.grassfedtraditions.com/pastured_poultry.htm?utm_source=FBTT&utm_medium=Wall&utm_campaign=Grass-fed

Kelly913
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I wonder if the crazy interstate commerce laws prevent that? 

Quoting michiganmom116:

Maybe I should get my cousins, the Bakers, to consider delivery to out of the area customers....

sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on May. 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Does Sams have organic chickens?

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

Kelly913
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I've never been to one, not a WalMart fan.  Plus there aren't any near me, but thanks for the suggestion! 

Quoting sassymomntx1961:

Does Sams have organic chickens?

RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on May. 9, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Oh, how I envy that you have a Trader Joe's!!

We can buy chicken and pork from a local Amish farmer. Unfortunately, we can't afford it at the moment. :(

Kelly913
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I'd be willing to trade (haha) Trader Joe's for a local Amish farmer! 

Quoting RobynS:

We can buy chicken and pork from a local Amish farmer. Unfortunately, we can't afford it at the moment. :(

RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on May. 9, 2012 at 1:25 PM

We only get milk from our farmer, and it's $6/gal. I would be willing to switch the whole fam to alternative milks if I could have a Trader Joe's nearby! :)

Quoting Kelly913:

I'd be willing to trade (haha) Trader Joe's for a local Amish farmer! 

Quoting RobynS:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)