Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

What are some signs of having a vitamin deficiency?

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm mobile so I'm having issues getting pages to cooperate fully.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Replies (31-31):
sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on May. 16, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting sassymomntx1961:

Quoting michiganmom116:

You need vitamins C and E for healthy skin.  Vitamin C is found in broccoli, tomatoes, and citrus fruits along with other things.  Vitamin E is prevalent in nuts and seeds (remember, peanuts are NOT a nut or seed so they don't count.)   As for the headaches, our migraines stopped when we cut all grains from our diet.  72 oz. of water sounds pretty adequate.

Quoting tnvplus2:

I'm taking an OTC multivitamin. I've been drinking about 72 oz everyday. I know I do not eat that many servings of fruits but I've been eating a lot more fresh veggies. I do not get that much in grains.

Quoting rkoloms:

Are you taking a food based multi, or a chemical concoction? Are you drinking enough water? The greatest supplements in the world can't compensate for a poor diet. Do you eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables in at least three different colors every day? Do you eat 3-5 servings of whole grains every day? Do you eat legumes every day?

Quoting tnvplus2:

I was just wondering because like if I get a scratch it never fully heals. It turns into a scar no matter how little the mark. Also I get headaches a lot. Things like that so I wanted to see if it's a vitamin thing. I'm taking a multivitamin now so I guess I will wait and see how things go.

Quoting Momforhealth:

What is the matter?

I would have never known peanuts arent nuts or seeds.What kind of food has magnisium in it?

Peanuts are legumes.

Taken from whfoods.com:

Food Sources

What foods provide magnesium?

Excellent sources of magnesium include Swiss chard and spinach.

Very good sources of magnesium include mustard greens, blackstrap molasses, halibut, turnip greens, pumpkin seeds, sea vegetables, green beans and collard greens.

There are numerous good sources of magnesium including salmon, spelt, cucumber, bell peppers, celery, kale, cantaloupe and a variety of seeds, including sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, and flaxseeds.

I can handle green beans lol.What are sea veggies?I need to try pumpkin seeds to see if I like them.What is swiss chard?Love cucumbers,cantalope,celery and sunflower seeds.I need to try kale.What is spelt and what other kinds of seeds are good?

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN