Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Cherry Poppin' Breakfast Shake

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:25 PM
  • 15 Replies

Cherry Poppin’ Breakfast Shake

Posted By Kristin Jekielek On April 10, 2011 @ 1:43 pm In All Recipes,Eggs,Fruit,Recipe of the Day

Cooking Time: None!

Serves: 1

Ingredients and Cooking Steps

• 1 oz 100% dark baking chocolate
  • 1 C frozen cherries
  • 2 eggs, raw
  • 1/2 C coconut milk
  • 1/4 C shredded, unsweetened coconut
  • 1/2 t vanilla

This recipe was inspired by Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia ice cream, but with dark chocolate. It has tons of satisfying fat, and protein to boot. Frozen black cherries give the shake body and sweetness.

Grind chocolate in blender until powdered. Add remaining ingredients and blend to desired consistency. Throw in the freezer for 30 minutes to thicken shake, if desired. Enjoy!

Article printed from Fast Paleo: http://fastpaleo.com

URL to article: http://fastpaleo.com/cherry-poppin%e2%80%99-breakfast-shake/

by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Looks good! Thank you for sharing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I have to find some frozen black sweet cherries!  YUM!

sanj1213
by Juanita on May. 12, 2012 at 11:36 PM
I don't know about the raw eggs for me.
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Quoting sanj1213:

I don't know about the raw eggs for me.

Exactly.  Unless you know where they come from and how clean the facilities are, raw eggs are pretty iffy.

My mom used to make something similar to this whenever I was ill as a child.  It settled my stomach....then again, we had our own hens.

MrsTBailey
by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM
I was going to say the same thing about the eggs. We get ours from our local farmer but just the thought of raw eggs in there makes me second guess of course this is coming from a mom who used to and still does eat raw chocolate chip cookie dough both homemade & store bought
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Quoting MrsTBailey:

I was going to say the same thing about the eggs. We get ours from our local farmer but just the thought of raw eggs in there makes me second guess of course this is coming from a mom who used to and still does eat raw chocolate chip cookie dough both homemade & store bought

Right!

The recipe is from a Paleo site, and those that follow the Paleo lifestyle totally advocate eating grass-fed meats and eggs from pastured chickens -- not things from factory farms.  That's why I never thought twice about it.  Sorry.

MrsTBailey
by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Don't be sorry rhonda i love your recipe posts! Happy Mother's Day :-)

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting MrsTBailey:

Right!

The recipe is from a Paleo site, and those that follow the Paleo lifestyle totally advocate eating grass-fed meats and eggs from pastured chickens -- not things from factory farms.  That's why I never thought twice about it.  Sorry.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!  Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

Quoting MrsTBailey:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting MrsTBailey:

Right!

tnvplus2
by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Yummy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 11:35 AM
I agree! I love her recipe posts!

Quoting MrsTBailey:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting MrsTBailey:

Right!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)