Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Does anyone have any tips on...........

Posted by   + Show Post

Cleaning out the digestive system? I am having serious issues and will be going in for a colonoscopy next month, but wanted to start cleansing now.

by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
sanj1213
by Juanita on May. 16, 2012 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting LeniceHubbard:

I blend a beet, an apple, some carrots, water and ice. Sometimes I add a little coconut cream. I also like to chop up some beets and just eat like that as a snack.
Trollslayer
by on May. 16, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Quoting sassymomntx1961:

Quoting Trollslayer:

Quoting rkoloms:

Drink only water

Eat a whole foods based diet: vegetables, whole grains, legumes and fruits; no dairy, no meat

Thanks, 3 days before I am not supposed to eat any veggies, or beans. But will do this up until that time.

Did they tell you why?My Dr wants me to have 1 because I turned 50 this yr,which makes no sense to me lol.

Why for the test?  I am 49, cancer runs in my family. And I have had some serious bowel problems for afew months now.

Why to the food restrictions?  No hard to digest foods are allowed prior to the test. 2 Days before it is to be a liquid diet. This is to help with the cleansing the day before.

Trollslayer
by on May. 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Quoting sanj1213:

Quoting LeniceHubbard:

I blend a beet, an apple, some carrots, water and ice. Sometimes I add a little coconut cream. I also like to chop up some beets and just eat like that as a snack.

That sounds really good.

MrsTBailey
by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:39 PM
When my grandfather & father had a colonoscopy that had to drink a solution that would clean them out prior to that day. Didn't your doctor give you this to mix with water?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trollslayer
by on May. 24, 2012 at 3:37 AM

Quoting MrsTBailey:

When my grandfather & father had a colonoscopy that had to drink a solution that would clean them out prior to that day. Didn't your doctor give you this to mix with water?

Yes I have to buy 3 different things to take the day before, but wanted to start now naturally. To get things rolling so to speak. I think it will easier on me than waiting til the day before.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2012 at 10:14 AM
I hope it goes well for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Hmmm, sounds like it would work.

Quoting alyciajoseph:

I've never eaten a beet, lol.. but my friend eats them to help clean her out, and I eat kiwi to help clean me out... Maybe they'd be good together.

Quoting sassymomntx1961:

Quoting alyciajoseph:

Beets and kiwi are the only ones I know.

Quoting sanj1213:

I've been eating raw beets in the form of a smoothie and that seems to be cleaning me out. Other wise I don't know of another way.

Do you mix the 2 togther?Does the kiwimake the drink sweet and hid the taste of the beet?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
libby261
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

There are cleansing kits you can get at a health food store.  They usually contain two bottles of capsules that you take.  One bottle for am and one for pm before bed.  If you are seriously constipated now or the kit causes it, there is an herbal product called triphila that will help with that.  In addition, magnesium will get the bowel moving too.  You can pick up some magnesium supplements at the healthfood store too.

Trollslayer
by on May. 27, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Quoting celestegood:

Thank you..

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Quoting Trollslayer:

Quoting celestegood:

Thank you..

:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)