Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

The Lemonade Cleanse

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 8:08 AM
  • 26 Replies
Ok yesterday i watched anderson cooper and his cohost for that day was dancing with the stars cojudge carrie ann anaba (sp?). Well anyways he mentioned to his audience that she does a cleanse and she was "Oh yeah don't you ever do them?" He said, "No never." she was soo taken aback by this but had him try the drink that was prepared for the talking about it. He hesitates asking her if he would be rushing off to go poop after drinking just a sip of it. She was like "oh no you won't have to go poop but you may have to tonight ha ha" Well i tried it and it tastes good so i went searching for it on the internet and found the master cleanse diet and after reading what it all entails i knew that there would be no worries about having a blowout while drinking the lemonade portion because the for that to happen you have to drink laxatives!! YUCK! I think i will stick to looking for anything that is much healthier like a liver cleanse if i can find a good one!
What do you all think about the so-called "Master Cleanse"?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 29, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2the.rescue
by Member on May. 29, 2012 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I think cleanses like that aren't needed if you're already eating plenty of healthy foods & drinks.  That being said, lemon is a great liver cleanser.  Also, celery is a major full body cleanser (so said my biology teacher).  He said eat celery for weight loss, to avoid constipation, and/or to cleanse your system.  It pushes toxins & junk food right out.  He said eat it especially if your family has a history of colon problems. 

MrsTBailey
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Thanks mama :-)

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

I think cleanses like that aren't needed if you're already eating plenty of healthy foods & drinks.  That being said, lemon is a great liver cleanser.  Also, celery is a major full body cleanser (so said my biology teacher).  He said eat celery for weight loss, to avoid constipation, and/or to cleanse your system.  It pushes toxins & junk food right out.  He said eat it especially if your family has a history of colon problems. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sanj1213
by Juanita on May. 29, 2012 at 11:34 PM
I've heard of it and I don't think it's healthy.
sanj1213
by Juanita on May. 29, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Quoting mom2the.rescue:

This is good to know. I will start eating more celery. Thank you:)
RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on May. 30, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I wouldn't mind trying some sort of cleanse or detox, but nothing too radical. I have enough issues as it is without doing something that's going to have my bowels working overtime! LOL

RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on May. 30, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Is this only true of RAW celery? I can't stand raw celery. It seems soooo bitter to me. I am always amazed that people actually willingly put it in their mouths.

throwing up

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Meand5
by on May. 30, 2012 at 10:03 AM

It can't be healthy....I also wonder if you try this and loose weight fast wont you gain it right back when you can eat again.

Try something new ALL THE TIME!!!

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2012 at 10:07 AM

maybe most raw celery is bitter, but I am growing celery in a large pot on my windowsill and it's really good.

Quoting RobynS:

Is this only true of RAW celery? I can't stand raw celery. It seems soooo bitter to me. I am always amazed that people actually willingly put it in their mouths.

throwing up

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2012 at 10:15 AM

My personal opinion:  This concept is real.  If a person wishes to eat foods that are damaging, a cleanse may be a good idea to help get rid of the crap (not literal) in their bodies.  They've overloaded their systems with toxins and probably damaged a few organs, so let them further push the organs and force them to work harder to get rid of the toxins they insist on putting in their bodies.  Not a smart idea, but it's not my choice to make for them.

However, a healthy liver/kidneys/lungs/colon do a great job on their own of getting rid of anything unwanted.  It's how we were created.  Eat the foods that SHOULD be in your body and avoid the ones that SHOULDN'T, and you won't need a cleanse.

RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on May. 30, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I've never met a raw celery that I enjoyed. But I try it once every couple of years, hoping that I'll start to enjoy it. It's fine cooked, but I'm sure doesn't have the same health benefits that way.

Quoting michiganmom116:

maybe most raw celery is bitter, but I am growing celery in a large pot on my windowsill and it's really good.

Quoting RobynS:

throwing up

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN