Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Hi... question about weight..?

Posted by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:42 AM
  • 8 Replies

New to the group as I'm sure you mamas already know =D

I am a mother of 1 baby girl, and I have a wonderful DH. I am almost 22 years old, DD is 9.5months old.

My entire family {except for one of my cousins} is tiny for the most part... no matter the height, we are all small framed, the guys in my family are broader of course but skinny-ish even. I am 5'3 and I do good to maintain 95 lbs.

I was down to 87lbs pre-pregnancy. Minus being pregnant, the most I have ever weighed was 103lbs. I was able to achieve a weight of 121lbs right before I had Abby, and dropped down to 110 immediately, and 4-6 months later I was under 100 already. I am doing pretty well now somehow at maintaining my weight at 95lbs, but I really want to be and need to be at around 110lbs.

I watch what I eat as far as calories go and I take in quite a bit during a day's time, I take probiotics every couple of days & I drink a boost in between those days {not by itself to replace a meal but with my meal instead}. I don't keep a chart so I can't say that I take in 2000 or 4000 calories per day etc... The average person is supposed to have 2000 calories to maintain weight but I need about 2500-3000 to maintain weight. During my pregnancy my OB wanted me to try to have 3000-4000 calories daily to gain enough weight. I eat good, I don't always have 3 "square meals" a day but I still eat good nonetheless.

Any advice on how to gain weight? I'm so tired of seeing commercials saying "lose this much weight in this many days" etc etc., for once I'd like to see a commercial to help you gain weight lol.

by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MrsTBailey
by on May. 30, 2012 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Here are some sites for you: http://www.ehow.com/how_5690718_gain-weight-healthfully-gaining-fat.html

http://nutrition.about.com/od/dietsformedicaldisorders/f/GainWeight.htm

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/underweight/AN00597
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on May. 30, 2012 at 9:42 AM
2 moms liked this

Darnit! I had my reply all typed out and then my screen suddenly went back a page. Grrr!! That always happens to me on CM. I'll start over...

Your problem is a difficult one because I'm guessing a lot of people scoff and say things like, "I wish *I* had that problem!" (am I right?)

I wish I knew more about WHAT you should eat. I'm thinking more "good fats" is probably a good idea (but I'm NOT a dietician, so don't take my word for that!).

I've been eating Sunbutter lately because of my allergies (can't have peanut any more). Recently I looked at the fat content and WOW! Sunbutter has 20g of fat per serving compared to only 2g of fat in natural peanut butter. Avocados are a good source of healthy fats, too.

You may want to check out the Chocolate Covered Katie blog if you haven't already. It's (mostly) healthy desserts and a few non-dessert recipes occasionally, but it isn't necessarily low-calorie, as Katie has the same problem you do.

Good luck!!

tnvplus2
by on May. 30, 2012 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I have no idea but here's a bump. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on May. 31, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll give you a bump so more will see this and hopefully have more ideas.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

sanj1213
by Juanita on May. 31, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Here's a bump!
sanj1213
by Juanita on May. 31, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yeah lol! Welcome to the group:)
mandee1503
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2012 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Here's another bump. But I'd imagine maybe trying to look into a few higher calorie substitutes. Maybe whole milk instead of 1%. Little things that will help bring your calories up daily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rota
by Member on May. 31, 2012 at 4:42 PM

As a wellness consultant, I receive a lot of requests for weight loss; my answer to them as well as you is this:

I must have a 2-3 day diary of what you consume, how active you are, and what you snack on as well as drink. Only then, can we start to discuss what you need to do about gain or loss. If you would like to have some help, send me that info and we can then evaluate your needs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN