Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Article - America: A Big, Fat, Stupid Nation

Posted by on May. 30, 2012 at 9:11 AM
  • 8 Replies

from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/justin-stoneman/post_868_b_720398.html

Latest figures confirm the ridiculous: three out of four of you will be 'overweight or obese' by 2020. To gauge perspective: there are now more 'fat' people than 'white' people in America. Perhaps our bigots of the future will swing their hatred away from 'race' to the slim and healthy.

The shrinking minority are, indeed, the shrinking minority.

Stupid? Welcome to a population who know less about what they put into their mouths than they do about, well, take your pick...celebrities or cars or American Idol or iPhones? Animals have the intelligence to know what to eat and to never get fat (except the ones fed by humans). Yet that simple challenge, gaining nourishment without destroying the body, is beyond your capabilities?
2010-09-24-4221523866.jpg
Perhaps this crime is forgivable, purely symptomatic of the dietary 'misinformation' in circulation. However, the truly unforgivable stupidity has been in allowing this misinformation to propagate. To have believed the lies, to have fallen for the tricks, to have remained oblivious to the motives. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

You can read the rest of the article at the above link (and no, it's not Paleo.)

by on May. 30, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on May. 30, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Yep. Stupid, stupid, stupid!! But ignorance is bliss, right? [rolls eyes] :(

Juanita679
by on May. 30, 2012 at 9:46 AM
lol

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2012 at 10:04 AM

This is why it's important to stop blindly following "recommendations" and do our own research. 

Big Money is controlling our diets/health/food supply/pocketbooks.  It's time to take back that control.

asaffell
by Member on May. 30, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Yep...sounds accurate, no matter how sad it is.

mandee1503
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Sad, but true.

sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on May. 31, 2012 at 3:12 PM

The only reason I take offence to the last paragraph is untill I joined this group I didnt know alot and where to look for the info.Im still learning alot from yall but I dont like being called stupid cause I didnt have the info to change my life.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Quoting sassymomntx1961:

The only reason I take offence to the last paragraph is untill I joined this group I didnt know alot and where to look for the info.Im still learning alot from yall but I dont like being called stupid cause I didnt have the info to change my life.

and that's what I think is sad...not in your particular case personally, but overall...most Americans DON'T have the information. 

sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on May. 31, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting sassymomntx1961:

and that's what I think is sad...not in your particular case personally, but overall...most Americans DON'T have the information. 

Agree

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN