Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Alkaline Diet

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 7:24 AM
  • 7 Replies

I've been looking at this since I heard it can help cure my fibroids which I was absolutely delirious about since they're progressing quite quickly and I may need a hysterectomy by the time I'm 30.  I'm only 27 and they want to go in and remove some of them ( which could lead to a hysterectomy) :(

Anyway anyone know anything about this?  I've been reading both sides of the argument but I'm stil on the fence.

Thanks ladies!

by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:46 AM
2 moms liked this
I follow a very, very similar diet. The only difference is that grass-fed meat is part of our diet, though not in huge amounts. I've heard from other people that it's helped or eliminated a huge variety of disorders, including PCOS and tumors, so I wouldn't hesitate to give it a go in your case. Sugars, including fructose, are one of the things you're not supposed to consume, and it's well known that sugar feeds tumors and cancer. Makes sense to try!
Cookalkaline
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I have been on an alkaline diet or three years and it has reversed my bone loss. Eating more alkaline as also improved my overall health. I post recipes on my blog at cookalkaline.com. I would encourage everyone to eat more alkaline foods.
rowansmum
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Thanks ladies! I had never heard of it and was hoping it was for real and not some fad like Adkins *shudder*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsTBailey
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks to your post OP i have started looking into this as well :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rowansmum
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 6:45 PM
Been looking around your site and I am so excited to see chick peas!!! I have to give up so much I'm so glad I can keep them :) I have a weakness lol. Thanks for the ideas!

Quoting Cookalkaline:

I have been on an alkaline diet or three years and it has reversed my bone loss. Eating more alkaline as also improved my overall health. I post recipes on my blog at cookalkaline.com. I would encourage everyone to eat more alkaline foods.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cookalkaline
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi glad u liked my blog. Many people have adopted an alkaline diet as a way of eating and it really does help with a variety of health issues. I am happy to help anyone get started. Sari. At cook alkaline.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sanj1213
by Juanita on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Interesting. Thank you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)