How would you like to help spread the word about a good cause?
Help Your Favorite Park Win a $100K Grant through the America Is Your Park Campaign
Could your hometown park be "America's Favorite Park?" It's up to you and your vote! A few small actions can help your park win a $100,000 recreation grant in the Coca-Cola America Is Your Park campaign.
For more than 40 years, Coca-Cola has supported efforts to maintain and rebuild parks across the nation. The Company has donated nearly $15 million for restoration and renovation of our country's parks. The America Is Your Park campaign was developed in collaboration with the National Park Foundation, America's State Parks and the National Recreation and Park Association.
Last year, park supporters cast more than 13 million votes for their favorite parks. The winner? Oak Park in the small town of Minot, ND! Do you want to know the secret to their success? Community action! Everyone in Minot got involved and campaigned for Oak Park. They held events in the park, mobilized through online communities, got hometown celebrities involved and voted non-stop.
The park with the most votes will take home a $100,000 recreation grant. More than one park will win:
- Second place: $50,000 grant
- Third place: $25,000 grant
- A fourth park, chosen at random from places 4 - 25: $15,000 grant
From now through July 15th, we're asking you to rally your community to vote. Below are tips for boosting your favorite park to the top of the list and helping it take home the grand prize.
- Vote often at http://cokeurl.com/parkscafemom from now until July 15, 2012.
- After you vote, share with your social network simply by clicking the Share button (after voting) to get your friends, family and community involved.
- Set up a Facebook page to spread the word and rally everyone around your park.
- Share regular status updates on how your park is ranking on the leader board.
...Gather Together at the Park...
- Get active in the park - bike, run, rollerblade or play games with your friends and families.
- And while you're there, encourage everyone to vote! Each "check-in" from the park earns your favorite 100 more votes. Check out http://cokeurl.com/parkscafemom for more details on voting from the park.
...and Get Out the Vote!
- Use the "Campaign for your Park" section in the toolkit found on http://cokeurl.com/parkscafemom to help organize your community and empower others to get involved.
- Send emails, letters and tweets to community leaders, park groups, local celebrities and more telling them about the campaign and why your park is so special.
- Print out the flyer found in the toolkit and post all over your park. Ask park goers to use their smart phones to cast a vote on the spot!
After you do one or more of the above, go to the Make a Difference group on CafeMom and let us know the name of the park you voted for and which ways you plan to spread the word.
Please help us spread the word about helping your community and its parks this summer!
>< The CafeMom Team