Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living
Disposable or cloth diapers?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Replies (11-17):
anagalia011
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Disposable

RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I had some pocket diapers that required inserts. Also had some AIOs (all in ones). They are just padded. They're more convenient, but take longer to dry. It is overwhelming at first thanks to all the choices. You have to just sorta dive in and try something. I got a few different kinds to start with to see what I'd like. :)

Quoting alyciajoseph:

Do/did you use inserts? I'm so lost they make so many different kinds I don't even know where to start... How do the ones that don't have inserts work?

Quoting RobynS:

Cloth

sanj1213
by Juanita on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Disposable
alyciajoseph
by Alycia on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Thanks for the info I've seen that brand on diapers.com but I didn't know how they worked exactly.. I don't know anyone that cloth diapers so I'm lost in a world of my own so to speak

Quoting smarlis01:

Quoting alyciajoseph:

I use disposable, but want to start using cloth while at home

I used g-diapers, which was the best of both worlds.  Those are the ones with the inserts.  You can get cloth inserts for when you are home, and disposable ones (which are also biodegradable and flushable).  They have snap-in liners which make for quick changes.  The only thing I did not like was I felt as if I was washing everyday, lol! Other than that, they were great. I loved being able to flush the disposable inserts.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alyciajoseph
by Alycia on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Ok, I'll make sure to get a few different kinds, that's a lot of help! Thank you :)

Quoting RobynS:

I had some pocket diapers that required inserts. Also had some AIOs (all in ones). They are just padded. They're more convenient, but take longer to dry. It is overwhelming at first thanks to all the choices. You have to just sorta dive in and try something. I got a few different kinds to start with to see what I'd like. :)

Quoting alyciajoseph:

Do/did you use inserts? I'm so lost they make so many different kinds I don't even know where to start... How do the ones that don't have inserts work?

Quoting RobynS:

Cloth

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smarlis01
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I understand! I was too!  There's a lot to choose from (thankfully). A lady at Babies R Us recommended the g-diapers and they were the only one's the daycare would use because their regulations required some type of disposable. Good luck!

Quoting alyciajoseph:

Thanks for the info I've seen that brand on diapers.com but I didn't know how they worked exactly.. I don't know anyone that cloth diapers so I'm lost in a world of my own so to speak

Quoting smarlis01:

Quoting alyciajoseph:

I use disposable, but want to start using cloth while at home

I used g-diapers, which was the best of both worlds.  Those are the ones with the inserts.  You can get cloth inserts for when you are home, and disposable ones (which are also biodegradable and flushable).  They have snap-in liners which make for quick changes.  The only thing I did not like was I felt as if I was washing everyday, lol! Other than that, they were great. I loved being able to flush the disposable inserts.

sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on Jul. 1, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I used disposable for all 3 of my dd's

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN