Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

article: Don't Eat Toxins

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:55 PM
  • 7 Replies

http://chriskresser.com/beyond-paleo-2

Don’t Eat Toxinsdoughnut

Imagine a world where:

• diabetes, heart diseases, autoimmunity and other modern diseases are rare or don’t exist at all
  • we are naturally lean and fit
  • we are fertile throughout our childbearing years
  • we sleep peacefully and deeply
  • we age gracefully without degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and osteoporosis

While this might sound like pure fantasy today, anthropological evidence suggests that this is exactly how human beings lived for the vast majority of our evolutionary history.

Today, most people accept diseases like obesity, diabetes, infertility and Alzheimer’s as “normal”. But while these diseases may now be common, they’re anything but normal. Humans evolved roughly 2.5 million years ago, and for roughly 84,000 generations we were naturally free of the modern diseases which kill millions of people each year and make countless others miserable. In fact, the world I asked you to imagine above – which may seem preposterous and unattainable today – was the natural human state for our entire history on this planet up until a couple hundred years ago.

What was responsible for the change? What transformed us from naturally healthy and vital people free of degenerative disease into a world of sick, fat, infertile and unhappy people?

In a word? The modern lifestyle. And though there are several aspects of our current lifestyle that contribute to disease, the widespread consumption of food toxins is by far the greatest offender. Specifically, the following four dietary toxins are to blame:

• Cereal grains (especially refined flour)
  • Omega-6 industrial seed oils (corn, cottonseed, safflower, soybean, etc.)
  • Sugar (especially high-fructose corn syrup)
  • Processed soy (soy milk, soy protein, soy flour, etc.)

Read the rest of the article at the above link.

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mandee1503
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I feel some of those are responsible for that, but not the complete reason for them. Toxins are more prevalent, but those issues occured even without toxins.

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:13 AM

Quoting mandee1503:

I feel some of those are responsible for that, but not the complete reason for them. Toxins are more prevalent, but those issues occured even without toxins.

The article doesn't totally blame toxins:

Quote:

In a word? The modern lifestyle. And though there are several aspects of our current lifestyle that contribute to disease, the widespread consumption of food toxins is by far the greatest offender. Specifically, the following four dietary toxins are to blame:
We can help our body by greatly reducing or not eating the listed toxins.
RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Ugh. I so wish I could get DH to take these things more seriously. :(

alyciajoseph
by Alycia on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:15 AM
I'm on the toxin list.. I love sugar and cereal, and I really love those two mixed :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Ppl in the Bible days ate grains like mana and bread.They had health issues like lepracy,blindness,crippled and women had issues w/ bleeding sometimes not bein able to stop.I need to read more.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Quoting sassymomntx1961:

Ppl in the Bible days ate grains like mana and bread.They had health issues like lepracy,blindness,crippled and women had issues w/ bleeding sometimes not bein able to stop.I need to read more.

There are just some things that will happen regardless.  Same with ancient health...like Paleolithic people.  Those issues were not common, like heart disease, obesity, cancer, and diabetes are today.

Eating grains in Biblical times is a whole other issue, one that I've debated with several other Christians.  Grains were not a food of choice, as they are today.  They were a food of necessity for times of famine or punishment.  Even then, they ate a lot of barley, and the grains they grew 2000 - 6000 years ago are NOT the same as what farmers grow today.  Would you like some sources for more reading?

LovableFox
by Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I agree full heartedly with this and am minimalistic with these and phasing all out slowly but surely almost entirely removed sugar, the soy/grain will be tackled once out of these udon noodle soups, great taste but I know they're not good for me and I need to quit getting them so when they're gone they're gone! and those oils are in so much that i am going to simply eat tons more fresh foods and just get plain chicken/turkey items and have walnuts as a snack :) diet getting better and better all the time :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN