Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Flax meal

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:23 PM
  • 5 Replies
I added flax meal to my oatmeal cookie recipe and I've been going to the bathroom like 3 times a day. Guess it's a natural "cleaner", not complaining just saying:)
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mandee1503
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Thanks for the heads up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Yeah, I've heard that. :)

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:59 AM

Flax does have a mild laxative effect.  It's also full of heart-healthy omega-3s and has about 3g fiber per serving.  Still, the recommendation is only 1 - 2 tbsp. per day.

Flax will go bad if not kept refrigerated.  It'll smell like oil-based paint because flax is also known as linseed, and linseed oil that goes rancid is a.k.a. varnish on wood products.

sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:11 AM

How much did you add to your oatmeal cookie recipie?Where else can you add flax seed?Will it go rancid if you dont open it?

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

sanj1213
by Juanita on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Quoting sassymomntx1961:

How much did you add to your oatmeal cookie recipie?Where else can you add flax seed?Will it go rancid if you dont open it?

I added 1T to a batch of 2 dozen. I used to add it to cereal, oatmeal and yogurt. I've even tried it on a salad, it's got a nutty flavor. I'm not sure if it goes rancid, maybe after the experation date if you haven't opened it. I keep mine in the freezer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)