Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Another Update 11-12-12: Just wanted to share!

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:38 PM
  • 19 Replies
***11/12/12 update: since starting this journey back in August, I've lost 17 lbs, a total of 3.5 inches from my hips, and 2 inches from my waist. My trainer said all of my measurement are preportionate, meaning the weight is coming off in a healthy way :)

I'm only 4'11, so it's a big difference for someone my height. I feel great and I'm back in my pre-baby wardrobe. It actually fits better now!!

**** 9/29/2012: As an update to this post, I weighed in this week, and.... I'VE LOST 10 lbs!! Also, I've lost 2% body fat, 1 inch from my shoulders, 1 1/2 inches from my chest and waist, 2 inches from my hips, and 3/4 inch from my right thigh ****

Hi Ladies!

I just wanted to share that I've completed my first full week of working out after joining the gym at work last week! I'm super excited and feeling great! I had an initial evaluation with a personal trainer. The good news is that I have great eating habits. My BMI wasn't good at all- I have a lot of fat to lose! I'm about 25-30 lbs overweight for my height. Right now my goal is to workout 5 days a week. I weigh in again in 4 weeks. My goal is to lose the weight within the next 12 weeks, then work on maintaining a healthy weight and staying active :)

This time one year ago, I was still in maternity clothes (my dd was 1 at the time) and I had an issue with stress eating. At the beginning of this year, I finally realized that I hated the way I looked and that I needed to be healthy and set a better example for my children. So I changed our eating habits. Changing my eating habits alone, I lost around 12lbs. Joining the gym last week at work was my next big step in becoming a healthier me and getting my life back ;)

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay!  Good for you, Stephanie!

mandee1503
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
That's great! Keep it up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TracyBryant
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay

BelindaDuvessa
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Seems like a good plan, but 30 pounds in 12 weeks averages to be about 2.5 pounds a week.  Most places recommend about a pound a week.  So don't be discouraged if it doesn't work out that way.

Also, break out the tape measure and measure your body parts.  Thighs, calves, arms, neck, hips, waist, bust...whatever you want.  You might have times when you don't lose weight, but you lose inches.  I'd do the inches measurements once a month as well, just to give yourself some extra encouragements.

You can do it!

smarlis01
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:34 AM
Quoting BelindaDuvessa:

Seems like a good plan, but 30 pounds in 12 weeks averages to be about 2.5 pounds a week.  Most places recommend about a pound a week.  So don't be discouraged if it doesn't work out that way.

Also, break out the tape measure and measure your body parts.  Thighs, calves, arms, neck, hips, waist, bust...whatever you want.  You might have times when you don't lose weight, but you lose inches.  I'd do the inches measurements once a month as well, just to give yourself some extra encouragements.

You can do it!

Yep, that's the plan- around 2 lbs per week per my trainer. She took all of those measurements and adjusted my food plan accordingly. I was quite surprised when she said 12 weeks! Thanks for the encouragement! I'll be sure to keep you all posted on my progress!
sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on Aug. 11, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

congratulationsgood luckgoodYou can do it

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

alyciajoseph
by Alycia on Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Yay!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smarlis01
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Bump for the update :)
tnvplus2
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smarlis01
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Thanks!

Quoting tnvplus2:

Congrats!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN