Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

What kind, how often, how much?

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 10:58 AM
  • 10 Replies

Meat, that is!

What kind/varieties do you eat?

How often do you eat it?

How much do you usually eat at a meal?

by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KCisPaulsMom
by Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Fish, red meat (steak, hamburger), poultry (chicken, turkey) and pork. Basically... everything except lamb and veal.

How often do you eat it?
I try to go meatless one day per week, but I usually have meat two or three times per day.

How much do you usually eat at a meal? If it's breakfast, lunch or dinner... 3 or 4 ounces depending on the meat. If it's a snack... probably like an ounce (ie a slice of deli meat)

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM

We eat grass-fed beef, pork, poultry, and fish. 

I have fish once or twice a week for lunches (DH hates fish for dinner), pork usually once a week, poultry and beef 2 to 4 times a week. We never have meatless dinners.

We rarely eat more than the recommended serving sizes except for the fish...I can eat a whole 15 oz. can of salmon at one sitting!

BelindaDuvessa
by Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 4:02 PM

All kinds.  I love meat.  I try to keep it around 4 ounces per meal, but with some meals, that's more difficult than others.  I do concentrate on leaner cuts.  I honestly can't stand dark meat chicken anymore.  The same with the higher fat ground hamburger meats.  They make me gag.  I've never tried lamb, so I don't know if I would like it or not.  I'm also not huge on sausages.  We need to get to eating more fish, though.

How often?  Daily, usually, although I do have times when meat is not appetizing.

mandee1503
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Mostly beef and chicken. Sometimes others. Sometimes once a day, some days none.

LostTheSlipper
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Chicken, turkey, and canned tuna. (We used to eat beef and pork, but not anymore.)

DH and DS will eat other fish.

I try to minimize how much we have meat a week, but it varies.

sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on Aug. 26, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Beef,Chicken,Pork,Fish depends on what kind of recipies I find I want to try lol

Depends on what I cook and if there is any leftovers

Depends on if its something we really like

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:40 PM
I can relate. I could have written this post!

Quoting KCisPaulsMom:

Fish, red meat (steak, hamburger), poultry (chicken, turkey) and pork. Basically... everything except lamb and veal.

How often do you eat it?
I try to go meatless one day per week, but I usually have meat two or three times per day.

How much do you usually eat at a meal? If it's breakfast, lunch or dinner... 3 or 4 ounces depending on the meat. If it's a snack... probably like an ounce (ie a slice of deli meat)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Depends on what I cook too, and what recipes I wanna try. I agree.

Quoting sassymomntx1961:

Beef,Chicken,Pork,Fish depends on what kind of recipies I find I want to try lol

Depends on what I cook and if there is any leftovers

Depends on if its something we really like

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM
My son eats just beef. My oldest son eats just chicken/turkey. My dh eats only beef. I love a bit of it all. LOL

Quoting mandee1503:

Mostly beef and chicken. Sometimes others. Sometimes once a day, some days none.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM
I personally eat fish, chicken, beef, pork. I don't eat veal or lamb, but only because I am not a fan of that kind of meat.
I eat meat daily, but I don't necessarily eat a lot. I eat three to five ounces once a day, usually. I'm not a huge meat eater.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)