Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Successful vs. Unsuccessful

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 7:55 AM
  • 10 Replies

by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JackieHansard
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Well this is a little of me on both sides of this chart. I think there will be for everyone. My husband and I got to making more money after we got our Assoc. Degrees, etc., etc.; but (I was the first to make it to and through college) both of my sisters suddenly felt like we should be supporting them. My older sister moved into our house to watch our daughters because I was an Independent Driver (my Suburban, not an 18-wheeler) and I sometimes went on overnight runs. Then my husband got offered a higher paying job here in SC, so we LET my sister live in our home in NC without paying rent. She was only responsible for her cable, phone, and utilities. After 1 and 1/2 years, we could no longer afford both places so we told her to clean the house for move-in condition and we would buy here a trailor. When we got up there the house was a mess. We looked for a phonebook to call Stanley Steamer and could not find one. I called my mother's house (which was 6 houses down) and my sister was told that we needed the book, after an hour and she still hadn't showed up; dh was pissed and said, "let's go". We had already paid $1000 towards her $2000 trailor, but, refused to give her anymore. She and my hypocrite BITCH (the woman you birthed me) felt as though we had wronged her in some way. My sister had nearly a month before we came up, which was plenty of time to "clean up" the house. We were supposed to get there and only need the carpet cleaners.

Wrong!

So you see, I definitely can hold a grudge, criticize, and exude great amounts of anger when pushed too far.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 8:32 AM

I don't think everyone will have all of their attributes on one side.  I had at least one on the unsuccessful side-I say I keep a journal and really don't.  I have one, but never take the time to write in it.  I have written in it, but never regularly.  Otherwise, I'm good.

mandee1503
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:07 AM
I have traits on both sides, and think we probably all do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I'll admit that I have traits on both sides.  I'd like them all to be from the "Successful" side, so this gives me some goals.

tnvplus2
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 5:41 PM
I've got traits on both sides.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on Sep. 3, 2012 at 12:40 PM

I was good till I got to keep a journal,read everyday,keep a to be list,keep a to do list.Im in the midle of fear change and embrace change,set goals and develop a plan.This another one of thoses post that I want to print and put in a frame

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Quoting sassymomntx1961:

I was good till I got to keep a journal,read everyday,keep a to be list,keep a to do list.Im in the midle of fear change and embrace change,set goals and develop a plan.This another one of thoses post that I want to print and put in a frame

I printed it off and it's going on my fridge!

RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Sep. 3, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I'm doing some things right! And I have been working on fixing others now for a while.

sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting sassymomntx1961:

I printed it off and it's going on my fridge!

Send me a copy plz lol

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:37 PM
I think it gives us all things to work on.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I'll admit that I have traits on both sides.  I'd like them all to be from the "Successful" side, so this gives me some goals.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN