Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Sleep!!!

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:23 PM
  • 24 Replies
Two days in a row I've gone to bed early. Early in my eyes and according to my normal. Around 9 or so and both times I've woken up at least 3 times during the night. :( I'm the type that after a couple times waking up I'm done trying. If I stick with will I be able to have a healthy and normal sleep schedule soon?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:51 PM
How many hours of sleep were you getting with your normal bed time?
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:51 PM
What do you do before bed?
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Are you under stress?
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Do you have a snack at bedtime?
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM
The reasons I ask all the questions are because these things will affect the soundness of your sleep. You're changing your body's clock, so it may take several days to "reset" it. If you aren't in a restful mood, if you are under stress or if you're hungry, they will trigger the release of cortisol while you sleep, which will wake you up.
tnvplus2
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 8:34 PM
I was getting about 5 hours of sleep sometimes less. Depending on if I could slow down my thought process (ADD). Before bed I listen to music or watch a show that I've recorded. At the current moment no stress but it changes depending on things that pop up. No snacks before bedtime. I've been working on not eating past a certain time. Sometimes I do eat if it's been a long time since eating, but I try not to.

Quoting michiganmom116:

The reasons I ask all the questions are because these things will affect the soundness of your sleep. You're changing your body's clock, so it may take several days to "reset" it. If you aren't in a restful mood, if you are under stress or if you're hungry, they will trigger the release of cortisol while you sleep, which will wake you up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I have no clue! I have a hard time falling asleep, but once I do, I'm out for good!

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 9:00 PM

If you have ADD, try a cup of coffee (not decaf) before bed.  Caffeine has the opposite effect on people with ADD than it does on people without it.

Quoting tnvplus2:

I was getting about 5 hours of sleep sometimes less. Depending on if I could slow down my thought process (ADD). Before bed I listen to music or watch a show that I've recorded. At the current moment no stress but it changes depending on things that pop up. No snacks before bedtime. I've been working on not eating past a certain time. Sometimes I do eat if it's been a long time since eating, but I try not to.

Quoting michiganmom116:

tnvplus2
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 9:07 PM
I've never heard of the coffee thing before. I can definitely try that. Thanks :)

Quoting michiganmom116:

If you have ADD, try a cup of coffee (not decaf) before bed.  Caffeine has the opposite effect on people with ADD than it does on people without it.

Quoting tnvplus2:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on Sep. 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Quoting tnvplus2:

I've never heard of the coffee thing before. I can definitely try that. Thanks :)

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting tnvplus2:

Quoting michiganmom116:

I have ADD and it works.I can drink a Dr pepper and go right to sleep unlike ppl who arent and always tell me they will be up all night long if they have any caffiene.Im like you also if I have alot on my mind Im constantly waking up but I keep trying.Some sleep to me is better then none.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)