Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Get to know:

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:04 PM
  • 28 Replies
I'm Alycia pronounced like Alicia. Lol I'm 24yrs young I'm 5'5 or 6" not sure about that and currently 140lbs, became a mom at 18. I have been out on my own since I was 16, so I taught myself how to cook, mostly from boxed foods, but am trying really hard to steer away from them. I don't know many things, like kale, juicing, etc. But I enjoy learning. I have been a sahm/house wife for 6 years now!!! I have Joseph who will be 6 next month he is 49" & 60lbs, an angel baby that left October 11, 2008, my dear daughter Caylin (KK) who just turned 3 38lbs & 42" and my last child Benjamin that will be 4 months in a couple days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alyciajoseph
by Alycia on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:05 PM
So tell something about yourself. And feel free to ask questions.

I forgot to mention I live & grew up in boring but beautiful South Dakota!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I'm 27, but only for another week and a half. I am 5'11 and not as thin as I wish. I dropped out of college for a full time job as an interepreter, and I hated it! So I only made it 2 months. We got married in March of 07, and got pregnant shortly after. The princess is 4 1/2. She is 46 inches and 45 pounds. Little dutch girl, blonde hair blue eyes. Little man is going to be 2 in November. He is 32 inches and 19 pounds. He is special needs, and dominates my calendar. He has brown hair and grey eyes.

I try and cook every dinner, but sometimes we go out, but I am trying to get dd to enjoy fruits and veggies. It's an uphill battle, that her grandfather does not help. :/ Grr!

alyciajoseph
by Alycia on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Your kids are on the tall scale too!! What were you going to college for?

Quoting mandee1503:

I'm 27, but only for another week and a half. I am 5'11 and not as thin as I wish. I dropped out of college for a full time job as an interepreter, and I hated it! So I only made it 2 months. We got married in March of 07, and got pregnant shortly after. The princess is 4 1/2. She is 46 inches and 45 pounds. Little dutch girl, blonde hair blue eyes. Little man is going to be 2 in November. He is 32 inches and 19 pounds. He is special needs, and dominates my calendar. He has brown hair and grey eyes.

I try and cook every dinner, but sometimes we go out, but I am trying to get dd to enjoy fruits and veggies. It's an uphill battle, that her grandfather does not help. :/ Grr!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Double major in History and education. To become a history teacher.

Quoting alyciajoseph:

Quoting mandee1503:

alyciajoseph
by Alycia on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:20 PM
My friend is going to college for the same thing. He is a history buff, I wish I knew all that stuff. I think history is very important. Do you plan on going back? Do you plan on having more kids, I know your hands are full but gotta ask!

Quoting mandee1503:

Quoting alyciajoseph:

Quoting mandee1503:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I want a third, but dh has said no. If I go back it will be for something else. I don't think I could handle kids now. Mine own, sure, my nephews ok...anyone elses. No way! LoL

Quoting alyciajoseph:

My friend is going to college for the same thing. He is a history buff, I wish I knew all that stuff. I think history is very important. Do you plan on going back? Do you plan on having more kids, I know your hands are full but gotta ask!

Quoting mandee1503:

Quoting alyciajoseph:

Quoting mandee1503:

alyciajoseph
by Alycia on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Hahaha... I literally lol'd! I understand the kid part!!! You never know your hubby might change his mind, I always hated the thought of having 3, the middle child thing, but I love it!! Good luck convincing him, never know might just happen!

Quoting mandee1503:

I want a third, but dh has said no. If I go back it will be for something else. I don't think I could handle kids now. Mine own, sure, my nephews ok...anyone elses. No way! LoL

Quoting alyciajoseph:

Quoting mandee1503:

Quoting alyciajoseph:

Quoting mandee1503:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sanj1213
by Juanita on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:29 PM
My name is Juanita married since March 8, 1999 36 years old I'm 5' and I weigh too much for my height and frame lol. I have one son who is 18 months 35" tall and weighs 30lbs. I cook at home everyday of the week. Even if it's just once that day I cook all the time. I stay home with ds. I live in Texas
alyciajoseph
by Alycia on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Have you always lived in Texas? Do you like it? Hope to have more kids?

Quoting sanj1213:

My name is Juanita married since March 8, 1999 36 years old I'm 5' and I weigh too much for my height and frame lol. I have one son who is 18 months 35" tall and weighs 30lbs. I cook at home everyday of the week. Even if it's just once that day I cook all the time. I stay home with ds. I live in Texas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Hi Alycia! Nice to meet you. I hope we can help you here learn to live a healthier lifestyle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)