Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living
I'm Alycia pronounced like Alicia. Lol I'm 24yrs young I'm 5'5 or 6" not sure about that and currently 140lbs, became a mom at 18. I have been out on my own since I was 16, so I taught myself how to cook, mostly from boxed foods, but am trying really hard to steer away from them. I don't know many things, like kale, juicing, etc. But I enjoy learning. I have been a sahm/house wife for 6 years now!!! I have Joseph who will be 6 next month he is 49" & 60lbs, an angel baby that left October 11, 2008, my dear daughter Caylin (KK) who just turned 3 38lbs & 42" and my last child Benjamin that will be 4 months in a couple days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Replies (21-28):
RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I'm 42, got married when I was almost 32 and had my first child at age 34 (second at age 38), so I'm an older mama! LOL Got my degree (Written Communications and Spanish) at Blackburn College and rarely use it, but still LOVED the experience. Lived in AZ for 10 years before moving back to my home state of IL.

sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Quoting RobynS:

I'm 42, got married when I was almost 32 and had my first child at age 34 (second at age 38), so I'm an older mama! LOL Got my degree (Written Communications and Spanish) at Blackburn College and rarely use it, but still LOVED the experience. Lived in AZ for 10 years before moving back to my home state of IL.

I was an older momma w/ youngest dd lol.I had all 3 when I was almost 23,29 1/2 and 40 might as well say since I turned 40 2 wks after I had youngest dd lol.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on Sep. 14, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Quoting alyciajoseph:

Hi Yvonne, well you Juanita are pretty lucky! :) wow, not till you were 6 months along! How did you find out? Did you get to move a lot as a child?

Quoting sassymomntx1961:

Hey everyone,My name is Yvonne,Im 51 w/ 3 girls 28,22 and 11.Im 5 ft and last time I weighed at the Dr's office a few wks ago I was 209.The 11 yr old is special needs.She has pdd(autism spectrum),mood disorder and learning disorder.I also have add.I have 2 grandsons 5 and 1 yr 5 mo. and a grand daughter that is 5 mo.I live in central Tx about 30 mi. from Jaunita lol.Lived here since summer 74 after my dad retired from the Army up in Co. except 1 1/2 yrs when I moved up to IL near my mom,step dad and my oldest dd.I found out I was preggers w/ youngest at 6 mo. lol.I'm working on doing merchandising to have a flex schedule for dd.Im also looking into few home business's also.

After a mo. when I had moved to IL I felt her move.Took a test I got from the store and then saw a dr at our local hosp.They considered me high risk because of my age.When I had her she was almost a mo. early and weighed 5'9.We did move alot and I hated it.I went to 8 dif schools before I hit the 8th grade.Back then the Army didnt mind moving ppl around at the tip of a hat.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on Sep. 14, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Quoting sanj1213:

Quoting sassymomntx1961:

Hey everyone,My name is Yvonne,Im 51 w/ 3 girls 28,22 and 11.Im 5 ft and last time I weighed at the Dr's office a few wks ago I was 209.The 11 yr old is special needs.She has pdd(autism spectrum),mood disorder and learning disorder.I also have add.I have 2 grandsons 5 and 1 yr 5 mo. and a grand daughter that is 5 mo.I live in central Tx about 30 mi. from Jaunita lol.Lived here since summer 74 after my dad retired from the Army up in Co. except 1 1/2 yrs when I moved up to IL near my mom,step dad and my oldest dd.I found out I was preggers w/ youngest at 6 mo. lol.I'm working on doing merchandising to have a flex schedule for dd.Im also looking into few home business's also.

Hi Yvonne!!! We're practically neighbors lol!

Yea 1 of these days we need to meet when Im in Killeen or Copperace Cove doing merchandising jobs lol.Then I can say Ive meet 2 of you from this group lol.

alyciajoseph
by Alycia on Sep. 14, 2012 at 11:52 PM
My mom and Aunt both had kids when they were 40. That's incredibly cool about your degree! I wanted to go to college in AZ! Sorry you don't get to use it though.. Is there something else you'd like to get a degree in?

Quoting RobynS:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alyciajoseph
by Alycia on Sep. 14, 2012 at 11:59 PM
I would hate all that moving! We live near EAFB and I had friends moving all the time.

It blows my mind how much you & my mom have in common. I know I've said this before, but my moms name is Yvonne, she has 28,27,24,&13 yrs old. She was 40 with my sister. We are also 11 years apart.

Quoting sassymomntx1961:

Quoting alyciajoseph:

Hi Yvonne, well you Juanita are pretty lucky! :) wow, not till you were 6 months along! How did you find out? Did you get to move a lot as a child?

Quoting sassymomntx1961:

After a mo. when I had moved to IL I felt her move.Took a test I got from the store and then saw a dr at our local hosp.They considered me high risk because of my age.When I had her she was almost a mo. early and weighed 5'9.We did move alot and I hated it.I went to 8 dif schools before I hit the 8th grade.Back then the Army didnt mind moving ppl around at the tip of a hat.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 7:58 AM

I'm Rhonda, and I live in the northern half of the Lower Peninsula of Michigan.  I hate it here during winter and spring...and most of summer.  I've lived here my whole life, but now at the age of almost-47 (in January) the cold and mud and extreme heat really get to me.

I have 5 kids ranging in age from 12 to 25 (almost 26).  I've also had a miscarriage.  I never had problems getting pregnant -- in fact, only one of those kids was planned and the rest are all BC failures.  Yep, failed condom, failed BC pill, 2 are from failed vasectomies.  The 4 oldest are boys and the youngest is a girl.

I homeschool my kids, all but the oldest.  Yes, I'm a SAHM.  I have a college degree in business and years of a variety of work experiences.  I don't regret staying home, though...not at all.

Most of you know I follow the paleo/primal diet and lifestyle.  It's not hard to do, I feel great, and I have no plans to go back to the SAD.

sanj1213
by Juanita on Sep. 15, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Quoting sassymomntx1961:

That would be nice:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)