Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

you know what makes me mad...

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 4:59 PM
  • 8 Replies

that fact that most women and most men just don't want anything to do with what i wanna say... and that is really so sad!  did you know that...

1.3 girls/women are raped every minute in the us!  that's 1,872 girls everyday!

1 out of 3 women/girls are abused by their husband/boyfriend

1 out of 4 women/girls are beaten by their husband/boyfriend

appx 70% of all women murdered are by the hands of their own husband/boyfriend

and i'm just really confused why more women and men are not getting involved to stop this!  very sad!

by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
alyciajoseph
by Alycia on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Our city is great, we do a lot of rallys for WAVI, and other organizations like that. It's sad what's out there, but I'm glad I get to help.

But on the other side everybody needs to remember there are men being abused the exact same way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnvplus2
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM
So sad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:48 PM

It's hard to get victims to come forward and report things like this, and harder still to get them to testify. They feel scared and ashamed. :(

RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:49 PM

my sister was abused by her husband for 13 years. Finally he shot her in the head (I witnessed it!). She's okay, and of course that was the last straw and she finally was able to get out of the marriage.

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I've been molested and abused.  When I told those in authority, I was told that it was my fault, I should have tried harder, etc.  There's not much support and there is definitely a stigma attached to the molested/raped/abused label.

shadenn766
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 8:13 AM

im sad by the rape and murder part....but i dont understand why women stay with men after the first slap....i dont get it

sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Quoting shadenn766:

im sad by the rape and murder part....but i dont understand why women stay with men after the first slap....i dont get it

If you have lil or no self esteem.good self image.Ive never been hit but most of what I went through was verbal and intimidation.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Quoting shadenn766:

low self esteem, lack of support, no where to go, no job, family history/way of life for some

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)